Odd Mercenary dissapearing act

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
BenevolentDevil

Odd Mercenary dissapearing act

Post by BenevolentDevil » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:52 pm

I hired the Warrior Merc, the highest price one in the Roaring Dragon.
I took him several places, and Jes got to finish a couple of deeds. Nothing real major.

I went back to dusk valley, and was going to try my hand at Swampmoor Shredder Hunters. The Arcanium Mage though mentioned a quest to find a ring from a Nightwarrior , and allegedly there was a " Hidden Cave" in dark valley to get to this place.
So we headed in , to look for said HiddenCave.

We did not ever find the hidden cave ... though I went everywhere physically possible to walk, no transitions to any Hidden Cave came forth.
At the far end of the map, there is a bridge door, but it ask for a key. Since the Arcanium Mage did not provide a key, I was doubting that door led to the area in question.
On my way back out of the Dark Valley , to dusk valley to re-talk to the Arcanium Mage to re-confirm the area, the Golem hired took his daily 1000 gold upkeep payment, and when I went through the transition, he was gone. Not in my party, not in the area. I went back into dark valley alone, killed all the shredders there , searched everywhere again, still no golem.
I thought, maybe he teleported back to the Roaring Dragon , so I went back and checked, and he was missing from the line-up. I went back to dusk valley, looked all over there, and still no golem.
He just vanished ... no warning, nothing.

I'm sure he will return to the Roaring Dragon at some point , but this instance was odd enough ,I thought I better post it.

tarashon

Re: Odd Mercenary dissapearing act

Post by tarashon » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:21 am

Howdy :)

As for the mercenary i have litterally no clue what so ever. I'm hoping it was a offchance happening, singletime bug etc...

As for the area transition in the valley of darkness...its there. And without the need to write more specifics here consider some of the other area transistions you and I have visited to more or less secret places.....

Finally you might want to wait going there since as I recall it she specifically states that area is a group area ?

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:29 am

Yes, I was hoping the mercenary thing was a fluke, and nothing more. I didn't know if it was timed , but seeing how he took his payment moments before ( i'm not worried about the gold ) , thought I should have gotten him for another day at least.

As far as the hidden trans, it's well hidden I guess. I did think of other places we've been in, and I guessed that was what "Hidden" meant ... but ether it's located in an inaccessible area , or my cursor floated over it with-out registering there was an AT or trigger in place. I even tried moving with the keypad , to see if I triggered something in various paces, and I must just not been able to see or find it my two runs through.

As far as Party goes, I seen that and was going to test the waters a bit. It's recommended for 13th plus, Jes is 19th level or 18th I forget which, but I think 19th currently. With the best warrior merc, and a scroll for a 9th lev summon for emergencies , I thought it would be a maybe.
Jes has been able to do a couple "party" areas , she did defeat the Tax-Bagman , even though it was quite difficult. She beat the Water elemental spirit in Talkesh too.
( btw, crazy guy in town square blabbering on about the undead and tax man , did not take the bag for quest turn in. I didn't know if that was intentional or not. Got a heart from the water elemental spirit, had not found an NPC that desires it yet. It's probably for something more advanced than she is currently I am guessing, like the library guy quest doesn't open up until your 15th level at least. )

Not hat I relish going into places designed for a party alone, lol.
I'd rather she go with others, with capable thinking minds , and better wisdom regarding items and abilities. And conversation, too!
But I do have a good bit of free time on my hands, and no one else has been on much. There's only so many times I can clear spiders , and shredders ... though I do need some runs into he goblin lands again, I found the forrest potions spawn most there , not many elsewhere it seems.

I'm still in that weird area range of , too powerful for some things, and way not enough for others. It may be that way from here until level 40 , I don't know ... most the things she can't do, simply needs more participants of these level ranges to help complete some things.
Like with a Merc, she can do the low forrest giants, the next area though, negative.
I was actually on my way to try/test Swampmorr Shredder Hunters, when I got sidetracked ( and interested ) in the exra quest the Arcanium Mage had ... ( because Goriolas and I did do he first one she mentioned about the swamp crypt. )

It's not that there's not things to do ... there are several bounties and quest I hadn't been able to do yet, most of them are the higher paying, more dangerous creature bounties.
Like Orcgate ... there's no way with-out Lanselare, Jess could do that. Even with the Bishop or higher Merc , it's not enough. Not that I want to do the "big quest" alone, lol.

With Jess, I've been testing out the waters in some areas, just to see if I can do them , I got lucky on a couple I think. Other than that, it's remedial stuff like collecting her farm fruits and converting tablets, and buying more fungi spores.
When in between all that stuff, and for lack of anyone else on, I'll switch to Anoksuna and play her for a while ... but she's reaching levels where It started becoming too tough, or not productive to be doing other things/areas. She can't farm , so there's a gap there for her, she will have to struggle through... Even so, she's been able to rise up in levels fairly quickly , she's actually not too terrible far behind Jesandra level wise.

Of course, there's probably a ton of things I don't know is there or that exist as well. I try to pay attention to NPCs, and things while traveling around , but I don't always see everything or retain the information.
But for the things I do know to do, I'm just in that odd "in-between" area where other players with other classes and abilities are needed I think to get some of the hard stuff done, or suffer through grinding so that "later" I can do them at much higher levels.

Ok, I'm tired so I rambled on, lol.

No worries. TTYL

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:16 am

oh, I did find that transition after all.
As I suspected, my cursor floated over it, with-out it changing to reflect a transition there, only by careful examination did I actually see it finally.