(ONGOING) Random spelling errors

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
icywind1980

Re: Random spelling errors

Post by icywind1980 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Linda's Store:

Linda:
Welcome to my humble store. We have several different fashion accessories, such as umbrellas and musical instruments. In fact, I just managed to buy this fabulous stash right before Signe opened up her new shop. *She motions to the fancy tailor shop to her left* I think you'll be pleased with my selection.

1. Thank you. Can I see the merchandise?
2. Thank you. Maybe another time.

icywind1980

Post by icywind1980 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Signe's Store:

Signe:
Welcome to Signe's Accessories. Can I interest you in anything, Madam?

1. Yes please let me see what you have.
2. No thanks, I'm only browsing.
3. Please tell me about that portal mirror over there.

Upon choosing the portal option:

Signe:
With pleasure!

Walking in front of the mirror will teleport you to my the newest addition to my shop: The magical dressing room. Inside you will find two magical models, which you can use to alter the appearance of your worn clothing or armor.

You can interact with these models simply by speaking to them. Once you are satisfied with the new appearance of the model's armor or clothing, you may choose to copy the design to your own worn clothing or armor for a modest fee.

Please note that you will only be able to purchase armor with the same base armor class as you are currently wearing. (This is based on the AC of the chest piece.)
Enjoy!

icywind1980

Post by icywind1980 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:17 pm

Aron's Wonders (The sign outside should also have a capitalized W)

Mibilia Aron:

Well, I have come across a number of mighty figurines which can be used to summon beast totems to serve as loyal henchmen. They might not be the most powerful servants one could imagine, but they are nevertheless wonderful companions, for those who often travel in the wilderness alone.

Arcanum Transmuter:

Allow me to introduce myself. I am an Arcanum Transmuter, traveling the Inner Realms in hopes of bettering my skills. I work with the transmutation skill to take the properties of one item, and make them into a token that can be used to transfer the properties to another item.

Upon transmuting the properties from one item to another, no merchant in the city will purchase the item, since they can never be certain if it is genuine. (The item becomes unsellable.)

1. Good for you, goodbye.
2. And what does this have to do with me, Madam?

(The rest of her dialog is fine.)

Iannya the Mage:

Greetings (insert gender and race here). How may I be of service?
1. I am (character's name) the (character's class) and I would like to know exactly what it is you offer here.

Very well than, (Character name + Class). Over the last few millennia I have learned to manipulate inert magical powers of the Turakur Cherries. Bring me a cherry and 3000 gold pieces, and I will reward you with 40 highly magical arrows, bolts or bullets. These will be more powerful than any you have ever seen before.

1. (dialog is fine here, no need to change)

In the next dialog, just add a space between at and last and capitalize both instances of the letter ''I''.
In the next dialog, change the word ''is'' to ''are''.
Add a space between at and least and of and course.

The rest is good.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Thanks alot for your HUGE help Icy, and have a nice weekend :)

/tara

Balkoth

Re: (ONGOING) Random spelling errors

Post by Balkoth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:34 am

How much of this are you actually willing to deal with? That's a completely serious/honest question, not passive-aggressive or something -- there's just a LOT of it and you might feel like you're getting showered with report after report after report.

icywind1980

Post by icywind1980 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:16 am

We've talked in game about it and we're going through all the dialogs. Sometimes things need fixing and I asked Tara if he was offended by the reports before I started posting them.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Howdy :)

Yes I am willing to deal with each and every little foul spelling error in the module. It might take some time and come next week where I am back to work I will not have the same amount of time but I will have enough and the ambition level for this module in all honesty requires this sorted.

And once again thanks for taking the time with helping out on it Icy :)

/tara

icywind1980

Post by icywind1980 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:20 am

New from our jaunt yesterday. Love the new quests, by the way.

Sarah's Quest at the Roaring Dragon:

The first paragraph is fine.
I would suggest a re-write for the second because it is a bit unclear.
''You must take the boat to New Iceport and go to the Blizzard Shelter. There, you must purchase one of their magical bags. The cost is about 2300 gold. ''

Change the . in 23.000 and 10.000 to a comma (23,000 and 10,000)
Change the word 'your' to 'the' (should cover the cost of...)
Need space between 'pieces' and 'would'
capeable should be capable
Change the end of the last sentence to (...yourself out of trouble along the way.)

icywind1980

Post by icywind1980 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:30 am

Sirazzt's Quest:

(I would suggest a rewrite here because it is a bit unclear.)

Well madam, the problem is this: My fiance used to come here often, however he ran into some bad luck with the dice. Now all he does is ramble on about some darned book in the library ''Rashas .. '' or something like that, which would grant him all the riches he would ever need. Perhaps you've seen him here or talked with him, if you frequent this place.

1. I am afraid not, and really it's none of my business. Best of luck to you, miss.

2. I can't say that I have talked to him, but I will look into it for you.

icywind1980

Post by icywind1980 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:37 am

Bolpi's dialog:

Bolpi ''The Shadow'' (Should capitalize what's in quotes too)

(Also look at my chat window to see more corrections: In his first dialog, dreadfull should have only one 'L' , Thats should have an ' (that's) and capitalize the letter 'I'.
Well, I'm not sure to be honest, but my guess is that no ordinary goblins have golems in their caves. But than again who knows? Rumors have it that this clan has gotten a new leader by the name of Lord Smirkag. I'd bet a week's worth of ale that he's not a goblin.

1. Thanks for the information. I reckon that nobody wants to accidentally run into a room full of golems!