(FIXED) Cloak Exchanger

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
tarashon

Re: Cloak Exchanger

Post by tarashon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Was the one you gave me, aenacloakfixer.erf ?

If not i have the old one hehe..

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Mine was just copy pasted into the forums.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:32 pm

OKi...so how to actually send you the file ?

Can't seem to be able to include it via forum here....

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:07 pm

I'll send you a pm with my email.

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Seems the script you sent me was not much of a script. Seems it would not even copy the cloak properties to the new cloak. Thus that script is useless.

However I think I have found the problem with the current script. The problem is that the base cloaks with the needed resrefs do not exist in cep 2.61. I have been using the cep2.60 starter module, and I was able to create a new cloak with resref: basecloak00 When I loaded an earlier cep module into the toolset, I was not able to create a cloak with resref: basecloak00

This tells me that the script was looking for a cloak that doesn't exist. This means that the base cloaks of each type will need to be created. Unfortunately the cep2.60 starter module cannot create invisible cloaks, so that means the needed haks are not in the module. I know that the Alangara module has the haks needed for invisible cloaks, as I have seen them in the module.

If you are willing, this is what is needed to be done. First, to test my theory, try creating a cloak with resref: basecloak00 When it asks for the cloak name, type in: basecloak00
If the cloak exists already, then it will set the resref at: basecloak001 If not, then the resref will be: basecloak00

If basecloak00 does not exist, then a set of cloaks of each appearance type will need to be created, with resrefs: basecloak00, basecloak01, basecloak02, etc. basecloak00 would be the no appearance(invisible) cloak. basecloak01 would be a normal cloak with the first appearance type. After that, can copy from basecloak01, and just update the resref, and put the next appearance.

I can do this for you, and send an erf containing a newly named fixed lever placeable, with new script, and a set of about 60 cloaks. After that, just import the erf, and place the new placeable in Signe's area. I know it will add a lot of resources, but this is the only solution I can find for the script not working, as it worked fine in earlier cep modules.

The first thing though, would be to see if basecloak00 exists. Perhaps the normal cloaks do exist, so try creating one with resref basecloak01 as well.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:13 pm

well the basecloak00 didnt exit and neither any of the 01, 02 etc.

So creating them all right now. If you can send me the new lever within an hour or so ill fix it and reset module. Else it will need to wat some days as i'm about to go for a minor work travel for some days....

*** EDIT ***
I've now created the new cloaks ranging from basecloak00 to basecloak125, so these numbers should be the rotation of the script so instead of 126 it goes to 00 and so forth.

*** END EDIT ***

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:04 am

I sent you an email with a new erf file. Everything you need is there.

Just import it into the module, and enjoy. :D

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:00 pm

The alt rose Will do when get ting home...

Tara

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Home and your new cloak changer is in the module and working like a charm. Thx a lot Rose :)

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:24 am

You are welcome. I had to play around with the script to get it working right. Seems the script would not count by 000 001 002 003, but instead it wanted to count as 000 1 2 3. Fortunately I have made wing tail type scripts before, so it was not hard to figure out how to fix it.