Mighty Rage issue

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Warchief

Mighty Rage issue

Post by Warchief » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:48 am

Found a couple potential problems with the new Mighty Rage. The buff is nice and works but you lose out on some of its potential if you don't have items to boost your con to the +12 max. While the +8 strength and con will end up eventually being redundant as characters max out stats with items, the bonuses help when maxing out the duration of the rage as well as the regen and damage. It used to be able to stack with regular rage as well but if you use regular rage and then Mighty Rage, you only get regular rage. If it is possible to either re-add the strength and con buff to Mighty Rage or have it be able to stack with regular rage then this will further help undergeared or solo barbarians reach their potential.

tarashon

Re: Mighty Rage issue

Post by tarashon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:36 am

Well if I recall right normal rage is +4 to Str and Con so I will be re-adding the str and con but only +4 instead of +8 so that it in a way simulates the stacking. Also this put on some "demands" on the barbarian to work on his/her gear. This will be in effect later today :)

/tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Normal rage is +4 until level 15 and then it becomes +6 and then Mighty +8.

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Also the +4 to str and con doesnt seem to help the magic damage and regen which is the main issue. Apparently it only looks at con modifier before the rage is applied and not the adjusted con modifier.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:34 pm

Hmm, ill check if its because of the actual timing of the spell...

It might not be something I can do anything about. However ill fix the +4 to +6 so its reflects the actual level of the feat..

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:39 pm

A 1 second delay of the regen and damage may fix that.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 am

Was considering that very option myself but that will be for tomorrow :)

/tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:52 am

Since I have been giving my barbarian a lot of thought recently and trying to make him more playable in epic areas, I figured I would post the current issues that are still happening with this feat. Just as a side note: not complaining just addressing issues as the feat improvements so far have helped the overall enjoyment of the character.

The issue already discussed with the damage and regen not being as good as it could be if not at max con before the buff is applied is still happening but not a major issue if at max con.

The damage chart as con increases is extremely weird and underwhelming as I have mentioned in game. At 34 con, the damage is 2d10, at 36 con the damage is 1d12 and at 38 con the damage is a flat 6. At level 30 I can test it at 40 con before the Barbarian stat buffs are applied but doesnt change the fact that this should be addressed otherwise hard to find the balance between more damage and regen.

The duration compared to how long you have to wait to rest is sad... on the one hand I get the fact that this feat should not be active long enough to do a whole area but at my current con bonus (38 con for a bonus of 14) the duration is 2 min and 36 seconds x 3 uses per rest and a current wait to rest of 21 - 30 min of real time. This means in areas where I depend on this buff to survive I'm stuck without it for roughly 15 min of real time or more.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:19 pm

The timer for mighty rage is all ready far superior than standard and this is a boost power, which all ready as your math suggest may be used 1/3 of the time. I realise that we have some problems with player counts but that being said it is not intended that a warrior type have permanent selfheal so duration stays where it is. Problem is not the power but the fact that "you are getting used to it" and thus fights in areas where you are depending upon it.

The damage however is an intirely different matter and I shall see if i can manage to fix it so that it will work as intented...

/tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:25 pm

I agree that the duration is decent and a vast improvement to the original, however my point was more duration versus time in between rests. The rest timer is super super high at level 25+ which poses a huge problem for classes that depend on abilities that are only usable a limited number of times per rest. Casters get around this issue by the unlimited spell staffs and can stay relatively safe while using them where other classes have to wait.

Even for example we attempt something epic as a group and end up all getting killed because we went way over our heads. Now we have to wait about 20 min of real time before we can rest up and start a new adventure. Again just my thoughts and don't want to seem like it is complaining just friendly debates.