(INFO) Traps galore...

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Twilighteyes

Re: Traps galore...

Post by Twilighteyes » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:44 am

Can still access the forums via my phone. :)

Are you taking submissions for "rogue'ish" items? I have a few I can script up while I'm offline then shoot them to you later.
Twilighteyes name "borrowed" from a book titled the same, NOT a reference to "sparkly" vampires.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:37 am

Depends on what you mean by rogue'ish items ?

/tara

Twilighteyes

Post by Twilighteyes » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:31 am

+10 vorpal darts
+10 dragon, giant, orc and abbertion bane daggers

KIDDING!!

Smoke bombs? Onuse item that forces the pc into stealth and forces all hostiles to break combat and make a search check.. Not near as OP as h.i.p.s. Kinda a "uh oh, why is the giant in MY face and not the fighters?!" Tool.. Add in it's a onuse item, meaning it takes a round to use AND it will have a gold cost. No where near as abuseable as h.i.p.s.

Seen these used in another server and I loved them so much I stopped taking shadow dancer.
-----
Rust monster spores vial. Onuse item that targets an enemy and forces a fort save or suffer an AC and attack penalty. Kinda like a taunt and called shot rolled into one item.

Dunno, I love rogues and while I can dream up all kinds of neat things for them trying to 1. Keep with the server ideals and 2. Keep with what is capable in the nwn engine limits it just a touch.
Twilighteyes name "borrowed" from a book titled the same, NOT a reference to "sparkly" vampires.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:55 am

Both seemes interesting :)

Fire away with items. Not sure all should be eksplicitly rogue only though and all will need gametest for balance checks. I like the ideas though :) While your at it you might consider what would make sense to other classes also...

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:56 pm

I do like the smoke bombs idea, but they would be better suited for assassins. Speaking of assassins, how about some improvements for the poisons they can use on their weapons? I think the smoke bombs would also be a great way to get off a sneak/death attack while your opponent has changed target.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Let's look at it :)

PS though. Lets finish this rogue project before we talk about other classes please. Ideas with smokeboms is fine and coo but i'd really apreciate feedbak and balance checks on traps first , hehe.

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:56 pm

tarashon wrote:Let's look at it :)

PS though. Lets finish this rogue project before we talk about other classes please. Ideas with smokeboms is fine and coo but i'd really apreciate feedbak and balance checks on traps first , hehe.

/tara
Well, I still need the skill points in set trap, and leveling is slow.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Then work harder, HAHA JK :)

/tara

Twilighteyes

Post by Twilighteyes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:14 am

Killed The Undead Torturer via minor electric traps (took two traps), sadly did not apply the kill to my character. Xp was gained but his amulet was not given so I will have to wait and kill him agian to complete the quest.

Used the electric traps on mobs and it only applied to the lead of the group. Maybe their spacing was to far apart? I will test more situations and traps and keep posting.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:36 am

I've been wondering about the structure of the electrical trap myself, since I also noticed that it seemes to be quite narrow in its "reach".

Fire, frost and acid are all HUGE radius but what i donr about is if those radius actually count form the middle. Thus a mob enter it the reach out is somwhat smaller due to it obviously being at the edge of the actual trapsize, and in this case how much this is deducting from the size. Keep trying and report back. We are after all still in testing phase and things can get altered still :)

PS.
I dont think we can actually do much about the kill on the boss, allthough I wonder why since you get xp from killing else.... kinda odd.

/tara