(CLOSED) Something went wrong in Factions ...

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
BenevolentDevil

(CLOSED) Something went wrong in Factions ...

Post by BenevolentDevil » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:12 am

Not sure what happened ,was playing Anoksuna , had my spear maiden summon going against some gnolls ... I accidentally clicked on my Bow which summons a cat as well, The fight went alright but once the Gnolls were dead , the spearmaiden attacked my cat summon and killed it , went hostile on Anoksuna as well. Now all NPCs hate poor Anoksuna , and I had to log out to avoid being killed by the hero's rest golem.

tarashon

Re: Something went wrong in Factions ...

Post by tarashon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:30 am

Wow, that is just plain weird. I do believe that it has to do with damage shields most of the times as they seem to be able to target none hostile NPCs as well.

Restarting the server right now to clear your faction...

*EDIT*

By the way of something like this happens again and your not in risk of loosing your level or dont mind just go and get yourself killed and play one and report it here again for xp/gold refund. No need to be unable to play with a char due to a bug, and death clears your faction after all... ;)

*EDIT END*

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:50 pm

tarashon wrote:Wow, that is just plain weird. I do believe that it has to do with damage shields most of the times as they seem to be able to target none hostile NPCs as well.

Restarting the server right now to clear your faction...

*EDIT*

By the way of something like this happens again and your not in risk of loosing your level or dont mind just go and get yourself killed and play one and report it here again for xp/gold refund. No need to be unable to play with a char due to a bug, and death clears your faction after all... ;)

*EDIT END*

/tara
As I recall, death did not help when my good alignment toon was being killed by the Xymorian guards. Also not received the gold/xp refund for that.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Its weird. really really weird. Usually death does clear factions and yes i do remember the incident rose, but was rather sure we did fix it though. Anyways nothing we can't do now ;)

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:04 pm

The bugg also effected Jess when I tried to just run an alt. At the time, not just now.

Like I said, I don't know how or why it happened. I engaged the gnolls,and had to run back uphill to switch arrows , by then the fight was over , and I couldn't see exactly what happened, just seen my dead cat message, and noticed the spearmaiden was hostile to me. So I warpped back to Hero's Rest, and rested quick. The golem came after Anoksuna, so I quickly logged.

I had just leveled , so didn't want to die ... nor did I want to combat the golem or any NPCs.

Logged in With Jess, and the OOC start area NPC greeter was hostile to her as well.

I broke the server, ...
Thank you for the reset!

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:48 am

Wow that is indeed not good news at all. Not really sure what to do about it in all honety. ALl i know is whenever factions problems occur it has to do with summons and from my experience ususally some sort of damage shield effect on them. That whole server factions mess up like thta however is totally crazy and i really hope its a RARE random flux nd nothing more.

/tara