(INFO) Adressing some questions brought forth :)

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
BenevolentDevil

Re: Adressing some questions brought forth :)

Post by BenevolentDevil » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:16 am

Technically there is no problem for dex builds, but the problem in "singleplayer mode" comes excactly for allmost all due to their triple class RDD build. This means they have divided their forces into 3 different categories and as a result suffers powewise. Howeever RP wise anyone can use the models to give themselves wings etc if it was only a matter of that.
In my defense, I didn't just want a "look" , I wanted the claws, the fire breath, stat boost, and fire immunity ... and I use these things in RP , more than actual use ... but have from time to time.

But, I wasn't complaining ... if it was taken that way , it was not my intent at all.

*Edit* My comment about KD , was just a vague example ... not really a specific issue ... I was just trying to point out, no matter your AC , regardless if it's heavy armor based or dex based, will not matter how high it does get at some point.
It wasn't a point of matter if there weren't ways around KD ... I just said that to say, there were other combat aspects you have to consider happening , no matter what your AC is or how it's attained. My bad for not being clear on that.

But Like I said before, I am actually fine with things how they are ...
I'm NOT unhappy with my characters or how things are.

The only two things I am not a fan of is :
1- Monsters seem to be as fast a hasted characters at times, and almost all- match or are as fast barbarian movement once you get into the higher and epic level areas. ( only issue with that is , it's difficult to use tactical retreats when they can out run you. Otherwise, it's not really an issue )
and
2 - and It takes a LOT of points for Lock pick on non rogue characters to open even the common chest ... , and you spend twice the points to get those.
Seeing how you can't buy the things found in the chest , and are only found IN those chest ... , it can be difficult when you have characters that don't really have the points to spend on it in the first place.
Not saying these things should be bought , the chest are fine ... , and I suppose you can technically play with-out finding hurricane pots or Mind Pots .... but , man thats alot of points for the basic DC 25 chest alone, much less the more advanced ones.
Which like you said, it's fine if you are rogue or bard and got the points to spend ... and they don't suffer the two points per skill point in that area ...

But these things aren't really anything "big" , and normally I wouldn't say anything about them at all.

I just feel there was some confusion in this discussion somewhere along the way.

I myself wasn't complaining ... the only reason I said anything at all in the first place, was because the others had said something on it, and because two of my characters are dex based ... I rather shared some of the concerns in the armor department ( I did not know Tolmar armors existed at the time ) , but for me ... or my characters , I honestly wasn't fretting over it.
Jess is NOT a front line tank fighter , she;s a flanker and chips away at her enemies ... ( Guerrilla warfare style )
and Anoksuna is ranged , she shouldn't be getting hit physically by much at all ... because she doesn't need to be that close.

and you asked me what was discussed ...

I'm sorry it didn't seem to make you happy ... , I honestly didn't think it was all that big a deal, and the impression I got from the others was that it was a minor concern , not really a game breaking thing.

and I hope that you don't feel non-appreciated, because I will be the first person to sing praises about this server, the work you put into it , and ask the others , even tell them you are a awesome dude , and you listen and do things beyond what other server owners would even remotely consider doing. In fact, I did during that conversation say that!

Most the things that don't really make me happy is basically NWN engine itself ... and there's no "fixing" those things that are hard coded into the game engine ,because Bioware people never PnP played, and they didn't know what they were doing in that regards as it applies to role-playing games ...
But that's nothing that's anyone's fault or can do anything about ... ,so you just have to make the best of it.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:22 am

Well not to be worried BenevolentDevil ;)

I'll be the first to admit i got slightly carries away in my argumentation there. The things is the concerns about dexbuilds and in particular rogues is a long one and knowing that I have boosted particularly rogues more than anyone else....

Infact" back in the days" we had a problem with Reborn rogues actually outtanking fighters at times, and they were not allowed to use shields, and they did not have extra HP, nor the roguepower as of today. So when i once again saw the dexbuild isue i kinda aloowed my brain temperature to rise abit...

Ah well it is not the end of the world, and I am not one shy away from a good discusssion ;)

/tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Just have to point out something here but rogues never got d4 hp and always had base d6. It really all depends on playstyle to be honest and you would expect reborns to have a lot more power. You can potentially get a rogue with 90 ac and epic dodge but you would have to want to use a shield and take improved expertise. Most rogues wouldn't normally take those feats on any other server with the exception of maybe a shield if the rogue is only using one weapon. A rogue's power only starts to spike at epic levels and only after they get epic dodge and that is the only way that they can out tank a fighter since the fighter will have 4 extra hp at minimum per level. I could go on but don't really have the time to get into it atm so just wanted to at least point that out.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:21 pm

My mistake Warchief ;)

Yes they have normally 1d6 and here they now have 1d8, so difference HP wise is max 2 per levels...

My point with the rogues is that they have alot of other talents and skills than the warrior including an insain amount of skillpoints. And that if one actually builds a rogue here to be a tanker he/she will be very well versed in doing so, while at the same time holdign various other advantages over the fighter in a similar situation.

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:04 pm

tarashon wrote:Infact" back in the days" we had a problem with Reborn rogues actually outtanking fighters at times, and they were not allowed to use shields, and they did not have extra HP, nor the roguepower as of today. So when i once again saw the dexbuild isue i kinda aloowed my brain temperature to rise abit...
The issue brought forth was more about role play builds, and not dex builds. Not sure how can confuse the two issues. Rogues are all about sneaking, backstabbing, lock picking, pocket picking, traps, etc. Bards are mostly about songs, dance, and inspiring their party mates. To role play these classes effectively, would mean giving up on things like shields, helms, armour, large weapons, etc. A rogue would rely on high agility, and a dagger or two. A bard on high charisma, a horn or lute, and maybe a bow. If the role play does not involve combat, then role play builds are fine. However once there is combat, well certain builds will not work well. Just wanted to point out that this was not a dex issue, and I will have nothing more to say about it.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:08 pm

I completely agree with that Rose...

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Rose, that was my bad... when relaying information, I said DEX based , instead of RP based. Really it was just a slight mis-use of the wording.

I jumbled up the conversation in my head, and gave examples from my dex based characters. Which are actually RP characters.