(FIXED) DM crashes server

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
tarashon

(FIXED) DM crashes server

Post by tarashon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Howdy.
primarely to you benevolent devil i tred to loging but DM client keep crashing the module. Ill try a complete rebuild alter tonite. until then i gotta go get some fresh air.

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Re: DM crashes server

Post by BenevolentDevil » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:44 pm

// no worries, yeah both Incarus and I had troubles re-connecting to for a bit, same ... would crash. It'sworking now , enjoy the day ... no hurry

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:24 pm

The reason it kept crashing were likely me giving it multible tries before giving up on the DM client until a rebuild can hopefully "cure the server"...

/tara

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Kk so a rebuild didnt help...

Likely this is a case of me having created too many items in the palettes again with all the new builds also taking place in the actual module and not the bulidmodule, plus loads of new quest related items etc.

What this means ( asuming it to be the case as it has been before, for which reason we made a play module and a build module ) is that I will have to go into the module and start deleting loads of items and placeables to lower the number of items in the DM palette. *SIGH*

It would seem that things are not supposed to be easy these days GRRR...

Anyways this means that I will not be getting online to fix Jess issues etc tonite. right now im really just somewhat frustrated with NWN so ill give it a rest some time and the get to do the work on recreating the play module.

Sorry for the delay folks but i simply don't have the energy for it right now.

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Don't sweat it none ... Jess can wait,I'm having fun playing the Oni at the moment anyways ;)

Yeah, pallat issues are a pain ... I told ya there was limits to what NWN can do ... hahaha!

Some things that will help,is removing the keys and stones gained after adventure quest ... datababse varibles could be used to track that they did them already I think. And they eat up space in inventory and contribute to lagg too ... ;) , like say if you got the goblin key ... is it really nessasary you hold the ACTUAL key? Once used on a door, it could "dissapear" but a variable allows you to still "use" the key, even though it's not in the inventory anymore.... like a virtual key ring or something.

Just an idea though ...

and no worried bro, admining a server is frustrating ...

Just log in and play with us fromtime to time, you'll feel better ;)

Somnium
Site Admin

Post by Somnium » Sun May 08, 2016 2:28 pm

I have spent a few days doing some additional "virtual spring cleaning" of the module, and I've managed to clear out over 3800 unused resources in total.

Hopefully this will solve the issue with the DM crashes, as well as improve overall server stability :)
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun May 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Awesome result ! :)

/tara

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon May 09, 2016 1:19 am

Did some testing today after upgrading to your fixed version Seeker.

First login on the DM client was way faster than usual. This was just after switching to the new version.

2. test was after about 1-2 hours ingame then login out and back in as DM. success.

Final test was after 5-6 hours og the server running and i got online as DM without crashing the server :)

Thus is seemes that the DM client is fully functional again now and atleast its useable and considerably improved and the module as such also seemes to run much smother. Perhaps this will also mean improved overall performance ?

If anyone notice anything please share ...

Excellent job on the server cleanup and tweaking Seeker ! :)

/tara

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon May 09, 2016 6:17 pm

24hour running DM login - SUCCESS :)

/tara

Somnium
Site Admin

Post by Somnium » Tue May 10, 2016 5:08 am

Excellent, that's good to hear! :)
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)