(CLOSED) The bank??? Was it robbed?

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
BenevolentDevil

(CLOSED) The bank??? Was it robbed?

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:49 am

Jess had in excess of 750,000 gold in her account last night, today logged in to deposit another 40,000 gold ... and noticed all her previous gold was gone , back to zero.

That's the second time Jess has "lost" a vast amount of money , and this time around was kind of crippling as she was saving it for a shop trip to Tolmar, plus buying forge tokens to upgrade some of her gear.

The first one around, I had no idea what amount of gold she had in the bank , because that was from previous database wipe, and I never recorded how much she had banked back then.

BenevolentDevil

Re: The bank??? Was it robbed?

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 am

Incartus has his bank money , but none of my toons do ... why is it I have to be the one this stuff happens to?

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:40 am

Jess' farm works correctly, her house chest still had items in it ... so I can't say it was database related this time.

Can DMs access the bank accounts and wipe them out?

Or do I need to worry someone got my log in and password?

Somnium
Site Admin

Post by Somnium » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:05 am

I'm sorry to hear that! The amount of money you have in the bank, is stored on the "bank account token" in your inventory, not in the database. Hence it is completely isolated from the database.

Do you still have that token in your inventory? It is marked as no-drop, but NWN has a engine bug, where it sometimes drop even no-drop marked items, if you pick up/get new items, when your inventory is full, in order to make space for the new item.

Otherwise, the only other possibility I can think of, is if the character is restored from a "local vault" copy of the character, since that deletes all data on items. But I assume that is not the case here, since you played the same character yesterday.

As a precaution, always export your character using the widget, after changing the contents of your bank account. This should ensure, that the changes are updated on your server vault character. As for the lost money, I'm sure that Tara will imburse you :)
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:11 am

I have never seen that item in the inventory ... unless thats what the "alagara stone" is for ... but i still have everything that was in my inventory , never got it full ...

My character was restored from the previous datawipe, but that was a while back. Tara managed to recover her then.
I had to start over from zero gold ,( late in levels ) in gaining gold from that time , until now ... a full 7 levels passed 20 , so that tells ya how much grinding I did with her to regain that large amount. ;)

I am sure tara will fix it , if he can logg in as DM again.

In the meantime, I am in a stall ... cause I gotta have that tolmar armor to do the areas that are level appropriet for her. I was on my way there today, and planned on it, but discovered all the gold was gone ...

Incartus

Post by Incartus » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:12 pm

The Item Somnium is describing is the little brown muddy cyclinder/totem thing.
It automatically appear's when you speak to the banker for the first time to create an account.
You said your bank account was emptied so I am assuming you stored gold, or did the night before to have a bank account?
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you If all men count with you, but none too much.
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:32 pm

I have been storing gold in the bank since I returned. I don't ever recall the bank token ever , but I normally shift any and all tokens to the back page of inventory and never look at them for long.

But yes, last night worked fine , yesterday says zero gold. Will check later for that inventory icon.

Somnium
Site Admin

Post by Somnium » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:37 pm

If you find the token, you can activate it to see how much gold is stored in your account. It would be useful to know if it reports that you have 0 gold in the bank.
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:53 pm

I did find it, and it reports she has zero gold in the account.

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:00 pm

I want to find out what caused this glitch ...
Because I need to avoid it at all cost in the future.