(CLOSED) The bank??? Was it robbed?

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
BenevolentDevil

Re: The bank??? Was it robbed?

Post by BenevolentDevil » Mon May 02, 2016 7:34 pm

// I found out, what happened ... and the scripters and everyone can relax.

While it was a semi-"hacking" aspect, the whole time ... actions of my overly computer savvy ten year old, and remote log in connection via our LAN , allowed him to do things, one of which, was to screw up the gold aspects of my character and it was via Iffriti bottle choice, he had done not knowing any better.

I caught him, messing around with my DDO account, in the same manner, and got the information out of him , he had messed with Jessandra while I left her being AFK , and he logged her out and back in , so I never caught the incident, as being anything more than me playing normally.

I have since then, put a passcode into our Lan system , so this can't happen again.

Somnium
Site Admin

Post by Somnium » Mon May 02, 2016 7:37 pm

Thank you for the follow-up explanation, then I won't have to spend a lot of time on debugging the bank script :)
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Mon May 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Yeah, I kind of knew it was way too specific for a mere scripting bug ...

It pointed at someone using my account. I feared a hacker , somehow gotten my login/password because I had visited other PWs , that had many strange scripts in place, where you had to type in your log in and password, in game chat , to get out of the OOC starting areas.

This one, kind of blindsided me ... but my son remote connecting to my laptop form his , I was already "logged in " , so no hacking was needed. All he said he did was summon some fire monster, talked to it, it did something and he logged out and back in.
I guessed he meant the Efriti from the bottles ... , as thats teh only "fire creature" Jess could potentially summon ... that's my bad for holding onto one of those, packed away in one of her bags.
I got him to show me how he was doing it, and totally forgot our Lan system was "open".

Once he showed me, I fixed the issue ...

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon May 02, 2016 9:40 pm

HAHA darn kids :)

Well at least you have some leverage in the comings years as father to the infernal breed of hellspawn monsters many of us has come to know as "preteens" and "teenagers". May god have mercy on our wicked souls, for we are in dire need !

/tara