( ONGOING ) My experience so far.

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Balkoth

Re: ( ONGOING ) My experience so far.

Post by Balkoth » Mon May 04, 2015 1:39 am

Li'l Rose wrote:Also if I add 5 ac to a plain robe, is it the same price as adding 5 ac to a robe with ac already on it? Based on what the forge guy says, that was my conclusion.
As Tara indicated, the current answer is "no" because the current forge has a lot of issues. Even though it would make sense.
tarashon wrote:We were looking into this quest earlier and i thought we did fix this.
You fixed the issue with her taking all of the glands, this is a separate issue.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon May 04, 2015 4:14 pm

The error was due to the reuse of a checkscript not taking into account that the gland was indeed allready turned in, causing it in effect to be nessescary to have 2 glands when adressing moviana. It had been fixed now and is ingame...

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:38 am

I might as well throw in my two bits into this thing, lol.

First off, and I say this so much Tara is probably sick of hearing it, ... I love how everything looks here. Great use of toolset/placeables make sit beautiful and interesting. It could be very immersive , if we had more players lol.
As it stands, it enthralls me, I've died a few times and almost died several times because I'm focusing on how the area looks, and not paying attention to the fighting going on.

The two biggest boons to after-starting low levels to mid level ( I consider my Main to be mid level at level 15 still ) , is the books and the museum. The books, if you read most of hem, give clues to the world you just are getting used to.
The Museum kinda reveals some things, and sets a tone for certain areas you will visit later on.

The best times I have is when Tara is on with his alt , because it's fun to rp, and tara knows everything , so lore/information is always nice to get. ;)

The quest, most are fairly straight forward , but there is a bit of a lull for me in these levels I've reached. I'm too powerful for lower level things, and no where near enough powerful to do the things I need to be doing.
Part of that is my fault, because I don't "power-build" really. I don't do min/maxing. I make characters based off imaginative concepts the best I can.
I can bet there's quest and things I don't know to do right now too.
A few quest I didn't know about, Sir Lanselare and Jesandra did together, because he knew about them. It would have taken me ages to put them together and figure out what areas I needed to be in, lol.
So, I've completed the quest where I get cherry seeds, and am farming ... I am hoping to be able to gain more forge tokens, because my character suffers a bit in the damage department. Dex based fighters ( with no WM/bard/rogue levels added ) are somewhat disadvantaged against most things.
There's a lack of dex friendly armor options. Yes you can get Padded armor +3 , or a +2 sorc/wiz robe , but that doesn't do much when a StR based warrior can get a +3 armor, +3 shield, and a small boost from dex to. So full plate ( ac 8 +3, plus 3 from tower shield, plus 1 from dex, plus 3 from bonus on shield, = AC 10+18 = 28 , that's with-out spells or buffs, or protection items from rings, cloaks ect.
Dex based character gets 1ac +3 from padded. Up to +5 dex at level 15-ish , +1 from dodge. If one used a shield an extra +6 there , but in my case, I don't ... , so that totals AC 10+11 = 22 ac, forgoing a shield. Before any bonuses from items , spells , buffs.
So, I think I need more forge tokens than I can realistically attain, lol.
Because most monsters have 20+ AB at my level ranges, I'm starting to question my decision on going dex based/light weapons fighter base build. Jesandra does have some sorc levels , access to flame weapon that helps a bit. But her damage out-put except for crits is fairly low. She's a RDD , so gains some ac from that and some str boost that will help later.
Of course, the way I built her is part of the problem ... I thought it prudent to raise her RDD up a bit as quickly as possible, for RP purposes. I do not regret that decision, just am suffering in other areas because of it I think. When she has help , it isn't as bad ... but I think it made her "party dependent" in these mid to high level stages.
So , since she's a dex based, finesse fighter ... and uses dual kukris , I need even more forge tokens for hopeful damage out put. Even with flame weapon, some monsters can regen her damage in a round or two it seems. I think I can only have one extra property on her blades ( because they are small ) and that is going to hurt in the long run.

But those are really minor issues, and I love the character , so going to keep on keeping on with her. I love the story-lines and RP that's transpired between her and others so far, and it is always fun and interesting Immersive in those times.

Today, I broke down and hired a merc from the roaring dragon ... , something I hated doing. Jesandra has Brass ( literally lol ) , and hiring a mercenary was a blow to her ego. It didn't help, the merc did not want to be friends, or talk to her even really. But, that little boost, helped her complete three task that had been dogging her for quite awhile now.

Other than the playerbase being low , I love it here.
There's not a lot I would change at all. It's challenging, some things force you to take time to do ( like farming ) , and you can't go from level 1 to level 20 in a single day.
I am not certain about "alts" , with the farming restriction alone, ... I can say any ALts are going to suffer from lack of cherries/forge tokens. We don't have enough players regularly, to trade for them. It's probably not impossible , just more difficult, or heavy planning to compensate.

I Guess there Is one thing ... I wish things weren't dependent on the forge for best gear , in a way it's good because your main can get customized items ... but there seems to be a lack of comparable gear/items ( keep in mind I hadn't found many ancient loot chest though, only old loot chest ). Even randomized items would be nice to find every once in a while. Anything that gives choices. Some of the quest items , seem alright ... most of the ones I got, I already outgrew by the time I got them though, or had better varieties found by other quest.
But maybe it is that way, and I just hadn't gotten to the levels and areas that happens.

But, I find things here interesting , if a bit strange/wondrous. I wish there was more available lore ... most of what I learn is through Lanselare and Goriolas lol. But, it is nice place to play, and I find myself logging in more and more , just hoping to be able to keep turning the next page in Jesandra's life and story.
Anyways, I'm going back in game now ... , got cherries to collect, lol.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:07 am

SO.... Back from work :)

I'll see if i can find you tomorrow BVD and we can discuss options etc. Basically however if players, such as yourself, get a feel of stalemate at these levels where there should be enough to do it for certain mean I need to create some sort of guiding NPC ( we have the oracle but she isn't really THAT clear about things ) and maybe even some newthinking on quests to introduce areas and existing quests etc.

Proberly you character creation does give you some problems but what my own vision for the server is, IS, and always have been, that it should NOT be nescesary to create and play powerbuilds, and infact our setting to some extend downgrade those fx via spell improving to level 40, gear, etc etc.

We will see and we will find solututions :)

/tarashon

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:49 am

Well, I did find a few things I could do ... , or start rather.
I was under the assumption that the Midlands was the "next step" , which has the goblins areas seemed natural area to do some questing after all the balder areas.
But I did find some areas there beyond Jess' capability.
SO I checked out the frontier ... while I did not go alone, ( hired a merc) I was able to get ravager brains for a boon , found a cave of them I didn't explore fully. Wasn't able to do any mountain giants , they simply hit too hard.
The Storm beetles , I found .. not done yet. They are tough.
The flame creatures wouldn't be that bad ... if it wasn't for dispel on hit, and the fireballs. Can't keep Jes' magic going there because of the dispel, so that will have to wait until later.
( BTW - the mercs are "golems" ,yet fear and mind effecting abilities still effect them. )
Found water spirits, and a big baddy one past them. Big baddy nailed the Merc for a one-shot kill, Jes hasted and fled from it. The Merc is tougher than she is, wasn't going to chance it.

Some of these places/things are just a bit obscure ... some you can wander in, and not get an option to run away , especially if they follow you through a transition. ( Died in the mine entrance that way once. ) Others surprise you, you can do the area, when it was fairly tough getting to them from the previous areas.
So, I think it's just a matter of having enough brass, to explore and check into things. Some of the guides help a bit.

Alright going to see if I got enough apples to get my last two tablets now ... ;)

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Howdy :)

Well the ability to "not feel lost" or forcefully idle is offcourse an ultra high priority. The whole intro level quests guide system via tobias was made after suggestion/critique about this.

My suggestion is therefore we take have a talk about a new Curier service in castle balder happening to have the need of gettng various mail delievered to various quest NPC's at various levels. This way one gets a lil goldNxp from finding new quests, which can only be a nice thing, and also one i guided towards the various areas in various continents.

As for the mercs they were once normal NPCs but since they are so AI-wise stupid i decided making them golems were more fitting. as such i didnt give them these immunities but ill fix that, along with the stone immunity for the various eatherns...

So lets talk ingame next we meet about fitting levels for fitting quest areas.

( And obviously other suggestinos are always welcome - we/I am working on many new quests, primarely though at higher levels ie 20+ also diversety in questtypes but sometimes a "little fix" like the above suggestions is easy and also one could tie in a little lore with the quest NPC, while at it... )

/tarashon