Thunderstrike

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
BenevolentDevil

Thunderstrike

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Thunder strike is cool, but it does two things ...

First it will "overwrite" any existing forging ... like for instance Jess had a Kukri, raised it to +5 with +1d12 slashing, +1d12 Sonic +1d6 cold , using the thunderstrike ... it set it back to +3 , and removed all extra forge enchants except the added required slashing damage bonus.

the other issue is, I can't change it back to a +5 , and the class restrictions are counted as "properties" against adding or increasing the damage again.

Just reminding ya on the properties issue there.

tarashon

Re: Thunderstrike

Post by tarashon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Hu ?

It remove enchants ?

Not suppose to do that and further more we changed it yesterday so it no longer adds plus 3 excactly because this overses the plus 5. This is very Strange indeed...

Tara

Dante2377

Post by Dante2377 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:19 pm

A couple things....I tested the "new" thunderstrike and it does NOT add the +3 EB, only the vamp regen, 2d10 electric, plus the restrictions. You must have a thunderstrike transfer stone from before T edited it a few days ago maybe? I've done 2 weapons since he edited and neither erased the forge damage bonuses.

e.g. I first added +5, then d12 blugeon (short sword is piercing, see below), then d12 cold (I'm part rogue), THEN did the thunderstrike, then socketed negative damage bonus. Ended up as it should:

+5 short sword
1d12 bludgeon
1d12 cold
2d10 electrical
2d8 negative
vamp regen +2
various thunderstrike restrictions

second - you DONT want to add the same physical damage bonus as your weapon base type as I'm 99% sure it does NOT stack. E.g. if a kukri is slashing and has +5 EB and you add d12 slashing, it will only take the 5 or whatever you roll for d12, whichever is higher, NOT both. So for slashing weapons, add bludgeon and/or piercing. Now after damage is calculated, all the physical will get converted to slashing (e.g. if you have +5 kukri with d12 pierce and d12 bludgeon and you roll 6 for pierce and 3 for bludgeon, all that will end up as 14 slashing), but two damage bonuses of the same type will NOT stack.

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:24 pm

The forge rules say,the first "damage bonus" you can add is the weapon's base damage bonus if I am not mistaken ... it's detailed on the sign behind the Azer dwarf smith. Which I may have just mis-read or mis-understood ...

But as far ash her Kukri's go, I do believe we are going to fix this "issue" soon , as I plan on a complete rebuild of Jess' classes and go for a more warrior based style with heavier weapons.

and yes, I had Thunderstrikes from before any changes ...hahaha.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Interesting facts about damage stacking and calculation. didn't know that myself either.

As for the old "thunderstrike" token it doesnt really matter. The tokens themselves merely calls a certain script matching its own tag and it is that script I have altered. Thus it really confuses me how this could happen. However this IS NWN and it has ways of creating bugs from time to time that would have rocketscientist shed salty tears in frustration about excactly how THAT could happen ;)

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Because I used them pre-changes of such script ... sorry I wasn't clear on that

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:29 pm

ah oki :)

Just the same though its really odd it removed other powers on the item. that should have NOT happened and neither is there anything in the script that I can in any way see how can remove anything so something have went completely wrong there by mysterious means...

/tara