Orcgate still crashing

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Dante2377

Re: Orcgate still crashing

Post by Dante2377 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:55 pm

FYI, the big orcgate ruins area (the one with the portal) was still crashing for Jess and I last night. Not right away, but I don't know if there was a critical number of spawns in an area that big, but once we got past the drow lady where some hostiles were, it just kept crashing over and over.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Im not sure what to do about it, TBH.

I complete remade the area and it was fine then this suddenly startet and i cant even fix it in toolset without crashing that aswell. Real strange and darn annoying :(

/tara

Dante2377

Post by Dante2377 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:07 pm

try making the area smaller and see if that helps....

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:10 pm

i'm pretty sure its some CEP thingi and problem remains that whenever I try to edit the area it crashes...

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:02 pm

The only "fix" really, would be a total rebuild and overwrite if it crashes the toolset too.

Now , I liked the area ... it was one of the first large quest areas I seen , and seemed more like a multi-mini quest rolled into one.
But, It really was slightly "too big" , multiple areas could be used to break up the one gigantic area map.

It looked great, but you also tend to get stuck on some of the CEP trees ( or at least Incartus did , lol. )
Summons would get stuck there sometimes or even the golem mercs, you'd have to go back and walk them around placables.

Sux, but that's the only "fix" I know of there.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:35 pm

All mist effects are out of the area now and i tested it in game.

First time I crashed as i teleported out of it but after going back i cleared the area, spawned many encounters at ones and zones in and out, all functioning perfect :)

My guess is zone in and wait a few before moving on to "let it sink into the computer"...

/tara