Question on Flamedeep:

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
BenevolentDevil

Question on Flamedeep:

Post by BenevolentDevil » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:35 am

Are the fire gems worth a bounty I do not know where to turn in, or have a use elsewhere I do not know about?

also, I noticed some creatures are using a bolt ( no save) level drain negative energy attack ( at least I think it's a bolt, it might just be a spell??? )

anyways, there are only two spells capable of negating level drain -

Shadowshield ( by scroll for 7 turns ) , and of course Negative energy protection ( cleric only ) ... not sure how long that last by scroll or casting ...

There is no negative immunities for effects via forge , ... and I was wondering exactly what good protection from evil does, if it doesn't block negative energy attacks when active ( In second edition, the spell did just that ) , in fact when it's active , I don't see any real effects it does do on the character sheet.

Was that changed at some point? Or is it one of those , you just can't see what it does?

Back on the level drains ... it's not so bad if you are carrying greater restore scrolls i had a few I used for Jess , I have no idea if regular restoration works on that , but I do know lesser restore does not work for that spell. Neither did remove curse ... ( Took me a while to figure out what was causing the drain ) ...
The only drawback to that is, there are no greater restores you can buy ... , you either have to be a cleric of some sort , or get lucky and accumulate them from drops. I don't think I have ever found one in a chest ... only from remans drops here and there and Jess has had that small collection from day one ...

Anyways, I used them up , and got almost to the end, when NWN suddenly crashed on me again ... so now, I have to redo the area , and have no greater restores left ... :(
Hopefully restore works , I could only attain one shadowshield scroll from the magic shop to use.

Dante2377

Re: Question on Flamedeep:

Post by Dante2377 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:14 am

there is a save on that effect (I just took Vash through). Restoration (regular) works to recover drained levels.

Vash however is now hostile to all townsfolk, presumably the same reason as before (the faction on the archer summoned dire wolf). If someone could reset the module so that Vash can play again, that would be great.

Maybe the PC scry tool has an option to reset faction back to commoner (or default) so we can get around this without waiting for a reset?

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:57 pm

BenevolentDevil wrote: There is no negative immunities for effects via forge , ... and I was wondering exactly what good protection from evil does
You're immune to mind effecting spells from evil creatures, get a 2 Deflection AC bonus vs evil creatures, and get a 2 saving throw bonus vs evil creatures.

It's actually really powerful vs evil creatures with mind affecting spells -- it lasts longer than (Lesser) Mind Blank and isn't breachable.

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 am

ahh the catch there is Evil creatures ... which is gotten around by neutral based faction monsters ... thats why it doesn't seem effective most cases, hahaha!

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:26 am

Precisely.