( FIXED ) The Saga of the Greengrove

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Balkoth

( FIXED ) The Saga of the Greengrove

Post by Balkoth » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Since I finally managed to hit level 12, I decided to try and go find the druids to see this "farm" thing and start producing cherries. Turns out I could have done it at level 10 but I was going based on the guy who actually makes the tokens (who says you need to be level 12 to get the tokens, I assumed the same applied to the farm/cherries).

I remember that the guy said to go to the Low Forest into the High Forest into the Gloomy Forest into the Greengrove. Easy. And indeed I went from the Low Forest into the High Forest into the Gloomy Forest into the Greengrove. Slight problem, though -- I couldn't seem to find any damn druids in the Greengrove. And I recalled specifically being told to go to the Greengrove.

Well, I wasn't one to give up that easily. MAYBE the druids were really a zone further in this welcoming cave:

They must have been evil druids, though -- even their head druid didn't want to talk and he had a really scary name. I figured maybe he'd surrender at low health and I popped all sorts of buffs and potions to manage to win.

Alas, no cherries were to be found and I left the cave despondent.

In desperation, I returned to Aron's shop to refresh my memory on the directions.

I decided to ignore the "leading to Greengrove" part (since I had already thoroughly searched the Greengrove) and worry about the "find a cave in the Gloomy Forest" part.

Lo and behold, I found the druids in a zone that was NOT called Greengrove and NOT leading to Greengrove either!

I beseech ye to change at least a little bit of this so that people aren't confused in the future. Because most people aren't going to be able to solo Xumbar the Terrible.

Which also led to the druids thanking me for doing a quest I had never received when I met them possessing Xumbar's head. Fortunately, I was able to place the head on the ground temporarily to see what the druids' story was and why they wanted Xumbar's head.

Still, a rather weird turn of events.

tarashon

Re: The Saga of the Greengrove

Post by tarashon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Hahaha good storytelling there Balkoth :)

And...arg... yes indeed wrong description and the worst part is that I actually remade it not too long ago and myself confused the names Greengrove with "The Druids Rest" or whatever i called it eons ago. Regardless I shall have the dialog fixed asap...

And sorry for the turn of events although I got to read a funny little story as an outcome ;)

/tara

tarashon

Re: The Saga of the Greengrove

Post by tarashon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Dialog is fixed.

Area entrance in Gloomy Forest have been redone and a sign added.

Forge Tokens are now announced to be level 10 and scripts fixed so it IS level 10.

/tara