Buggs in the postal System ( maybe)

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
BenevolentDevil

Buggs in the postal System ( maybe)

Post by BenevolentDevil » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:52 am

Kinda hard to tell ...

But Naki couldn't respond to the letter Tara-Si sent her as there was no option to select that character to mail back. But the other character she could write or send to.
She could read the one sent to her, and delete it ... but the postmaster didn't give an option for her to reply to sender, or that specific character.

I am hoping that it' s not locked to one character per player that can use the mailbox system.

Another thing slightly unrelated ... gold cost of 250 per mail sent or picked up ... it's kind of a stretch having to buy a box at 10K gold , especially when low levels when gold is more needed for other utilities ( gear, weapons, armor, scrolls , rods , and portal attunements/ship rides. )

I understand looking for some gold sinks ... but , honestly characters that get into epic status should have large gold accounts ready to use or use up on big purchases , or doing some in game sinks , like buying a special house , or something like that.
Once you get to a certain point , gold should be less of a worry to collect and spend ... not really every little thing draining it away constantly.

I have always thought, the best things should be earned or made( forged).

Later in levels ( after breaching level 30 and going into reborn ), characters should be seeking specialty items and hard to attain/get/earn stuff ( not sure if there is much of that beyond forging/sockets , or buying the 1million dollar items from out of the way shops lol ).

If you really want to "sink gold" in epic levels and beyond ... offer up some incentives to spend it ... like a big price to buy stat increase. Or buy special power/feat , or buy a special item custom only for that character ( with pre-set limits of course) , buy a "wish" , or "boon" ... things along that line.

In pre epic levels, characters really can be gold starved enough just equipping and maintaining health/sustainability and providing the already in place sinks , they can have difficulty doing like what I did with Jess ... ( buy a friggin island , which if it wasn't for the RP and cool factor, would have cost way more than she could ever earn lol ... and she didn't purchase any portals for it, hahaha! ) , even a small house over in the house area , or apartment in the city ... could run enough to hurt a pre-20 level character and starve them to death, lol. ( With out hours of grindy-grindy to replenish anyways. )

tarashon

Re: Buggs in the postal System ( maybe)

Post by tarashon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:52 am

Howdy :)

I was not aware only one mailbox per character i'll try to look it over but i take it you bought a mailbox to those characters you wanted to send mail to ?

As for the gold sink the reason for the goldcost on postbox was to only have people "use the database" if they wanted to and the same for letters as to stop/downtone the potential "abuse" of someone sending 4000 spammails to another player to anoy them thus clustering database also - until the letters are deleted anyways.

I am full aware gold is MUCH needed at lower and midlevels...

/tara