( explained ) Getting 1 XP From Mobs

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Balkoth

( explained ) Getting 1 XP From Mobs

Post by Balkoth » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:22 am

A friend and I were in the crypt near the infant Fogshredders two days ago. I believe I was a 6 Cleric and he was a 6 Bard. We were getting 1 XP per kill which seems off.

tarashon

Re: Getting 1 XP From Mobs

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:46 am

AH. Well the technical explanation is very simple.

Basicaly you have been fighting in an area that has a too high CR for you. The fact that you could handle it is just in your favor ;)

Our XP system is built in such a way that you maximum can get xp ( except 1 ) from mobs with CR your level +1. This is the "failsafe mechanism" that allows us to have highlevel chracters together with lowlevels but only in areas the lowlevels can normally challenge/best themselves.

CHanging this system BTW is not an option we are even considering changing since we love the fact than on our server highlevels can help and have fun with lower levels in Groups without either the lowlevels getting no xp or the lowlevels getting ludicrous amounts of XP and running tag-tail in areas where they "have nothing to do". ( high levels prefere to get XP themselves so on many servers that was the result back in the days anyways ).

I believe this mechanism is also explained somewhere on this forum and on the signs ingame.

/tara

Balkoth

Re: ( explained ) Getting 1 XP From Mobs

Post by Balkoth » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Here's what the forums says: viewtopic.php?p=45#p45

There's a decent chunk of stuff that needs to be updated on the rules/information : /
tarashon wrote:Our XP system is built in such a way that you maximum can get xp ( except 1 ) from mobs with CR your level +1.
I...am not quite sure what you're trying to say with this. Are you saying that if I'm a level 10 character that anything that's level 12+ will give 1 XP? I would have sworn that I've been fighting monsters who should be at least 2 CR over me and I've definitely been getting more than 1 XP. In this regard, is there a reason the CR function is disabled?

tarashon

Re: ( explained ) Getting 1 XP From Mobs

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Howdy :)

Well first of you have not fought Things 2+ higher CR than your own level and gotten more than 1 xp - ever.

As for the CR function being disabled I asume you mean you cant imspect monsters ?

In that case I chose to remove it becourse it sends wrong signals in the sense that when i build a mob it can easely be cr 60 and I downscale it to say 15. SO I removed the CR function out of fear that people would complain about wrong CR ratings just the same. The thing is if you give a mob extra HP or make it very fast its CR will "explode" in numbers.

So that's why the CR is out disabled gametechnically.

As this is an RP server and a special setting universe I also think its good people cant look upon a creature magically and know stuff about it, That I find to be an utterly poor RP setting, so it serve its purpose also that its disabled...

/tara