( explained ) Thieves' Guild Deaths

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Balkoth

( explained ) Thieves' Guild Deaths

Post by Balkoth » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:24 am

So I was showing Nyan the Thieves guild since there's the vendor that pays 20% more for everything and the potion vendor. He's a bard and I'm a cleric. We entered the first level together, he got the quest, then we went and got the gold amulet. Went back to guild, he turned in the amulet and got the key to downstairs, so we go downstairs.

Upon entering the lower level I apparently get petrified from...something. No saving throw or anything. Since petrification is permanent and I literally cannot do anything, I try logging off since I know all effects get stripped when you log back in. I'm not even sure exactly what happened next outside of the fact it was a series of logging off/on, getting petrified, and somehow *dying* 3 times...including in the inn AFTER I respawned. Like I respawn, am walking through the inn, and die again instantly next to the innkeeper.

Something's very wrong here.

tarashon

Re: Thieves' Guild Deaths

Post by tarashon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:17 am

Ill look into it. However i do remember we purposely made som nasty punishment for none thieves and bards entering thats area. And Come to think of it i Seem to real the idea of petrification being being to find out which character had metagamed Their way down there....

Anyways you ned to bring thats charter online when i have a dm online as i pretty sure it has som nodrop marker activating the petrification making it unplayable.

Tara

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:05 pm

*shrug* We thought it was a situation of him basically saying "Yeah, he's with me" in terms of me being able to follow him downstairs.

And no, I don't seem to have any no drop marker activating petrification -- character is completely playable and we went on to do other stuff. I just lost 3300 XP and some gold while he gained 5000 and some gold so I'm way behind him again!

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:55 pm

ya oki.

Well i've never heard of thieves guild allowing anyone there but members. Infact most guild would likely kill him for bringing you there compromising their security and all - RP wise.

I'll look intothe script though to get an idea of what it does precisely.

/tara