Wands for Crafting

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Balkoth

Wands for Crafting

Post by Balkoth » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Aron's sells potion bottles and blank scrolls but no wands. Bone wands also do not drop off skeleton creatures. Intended?

tarashon

Re: Wands for Crafting

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Yes I believe we did purposely "back then" remove wands access aswell as potions and scrolls really for some ballance isues concerning these creation skills. However I reckon this Whole ballance isue is currently under scrutiny so we will see what Works and does not. Its really in conjunction with the forge problems at and such.

I don't have the answer for this "dilemma or challange" right at hand but I am confident we will come up with a useably and desireable solution though :)

To just point out this "dilemma" fast I personally have these 2 considerations in mind, in regards to wands/potions/scrolls player creations.

A:

Are we indirectly basically making a server more or less "pushing" all nonecasters into roguebuilds for UMD..

B:

Are we indirectly creating a server thathave 2 type of "player ballances", namely those with or without Alts... In the latter case I propose some overall debate about wether or not the current setup in these regards is working or not, since having "regulations" that only aplies to those not gametechnically knowledgeable enough is everything we ever wanted this server NOT to be. Infact we strife for a setting that to some degree atleast softens up the cap between casual players and "powerbuilders"...

/tara