(IN PROGRESS) Stat Oddities

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Balkoth

(IN PROGRESS) Stat Oddities

Post by Balkoth » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:37 am

Two things.

1, I leveled up from 8 Fighter/2 Rogue/8 WM to 8 Fighter/2 Rogue/9 WM and suddenly got the level 11+ rogue bonuses. In other words, I went from +5 AB/damage to +10 AB/damage. If this is intentional and combines rogue/WM levels to partially compensate the WM for all the crit immune enemies I certainly don't object, but it's not listed as being a change.

2, I completed the Forgotten Depths quest for the stat boost. Got told I could talk to a DM to get it made permanent. Cool! I figured it was just intended to free space on items (don't need to put ability boosts there). Leveled up, stat boost was gone, not so cool. I figured it would be a constant ability boost of +1 to all stats in-game until it got made permanent.

Somnium
Site Admin

Re: (IN PROGRESS) Stat Oddities

Post by Somnium » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:44 pm

1) Thank you, that is a remnant from back when WM didn't get a specific class bonus. It will be fixed prompty, only Assassin levels and Harper levels are supposed to "boost" the rogue level count with regards to the rogue power.

2) The boost effect is permanent, in the sense that it should persist until either a relog or a level-up. These two actions will strip a character of all effects (in order to prevent some client-side exp-l0its). The "temporary" effect is meant as a "compromise", as we cannot give permanent stat bonuses through scripting, but on the other hand, it might take a while for a DM to come online.
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Aye s Seeker pointed it out...

Hope I'll see you online soon enough though and fix it :)

/tara

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:31 pm

Somnium wrote:1) Thank you, that is a remnant from back when WM didn't get a specific class bonus. It will be fixed prompty, only Assassin levels and Harper levels are supposed to "boost" the rogue level count with regards to the rogue power.
What specific class bonus are you referring to?
Somnium wrote:2) The boost effect is permanent, in the sense that it should persist until either a relog or a level-up. These two actions will strip a character of all effects (in order to prevent some client-side exp-l0its). The "temporary" effect is meant as a "compromise", as we cannot give permanent stat bonuses through scripting, but on the other hand, it might take a while for a DM to come online.
Right, I'm aware, I just thought the "temporary" +1 boost would be applied on the relog/level-up.

Somnium
Site Admin

Post by Somnium » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Balkoth wrote: What specific class bonus are you referring to?
Hmm, I could have sworn that Weapon Masters got a natural ability bonus at some point (i.e. DM-granted), both as compensation for the many crit-immune monsters (as for the rogue-bonus), and in order to enhance WM in a specific role, but checking the class descriptions on the forum, I can't see any bonus mentioned. Maybe I misremembered.
Balkoth wrote: Right, I'm aware, I just thought the "temporary" +1 boost would be applied on the relog/level-up.
There are a lot of different "temporary"/transitional bonuses, so it is a compromise - otherwise we would have to track each special bonus separately, have additional scripting code to correctly remove and reapply them, as well as functionality for removing them permanently once a DM logs in and fixes the character manually.
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:05 pm

Somnium wrote:both as compensation for the many crit-immune monsters (as for the rogue-bonus), and in order to enhance WM in a specific role, but checking the class descriptions on the forum, I can't see any bonus mentioned. Maybe I misremembered.
Obviously my max level so far is only 23 and I can't speak for the higher level stuff...but if you're trying to give WMs and rogues bonuses to compensate for crit immunity...why not just remove the crit immunity at this point? Normally the reason crit immunity is applied (that I've seen) is to counter Devastating Critical...but you already disallow Dev Crit so that's not an issue.
Somnium wrote:There are a lot of different "temporary"/transitional bonuses, so it is a compromise - otherwise we would have to track each special bonus separately, have additional scripting code to correctly remove and reapply them, as well as functionality for removing them permanently once a DM logs in and fixes the character manually.
Ah. I figured you'd just have two versions of quest gems for the bonus (like "Quest gem -- Stat Boost #1 Temp" and "Quest gem -- Stat Boost #1 Perm" with "Stat Boost #1" being replaced by an actual name) where the system would give the bonus if the player had the temp gem but not with the perm gem (and possessing either marks you as having done the quest). Already have the rogue bonus code that removes/reapplies bonuses so I thought it'd be all rolled into that.

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:46 pm

For the record, the +1 to all stats buff the Silver Dragon gave me appears to be persisting through relogging and resting. It's just the 50 essences that's not.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Strange but I can check the coding - that much i can manage....

/tara