( EXPLAINED ) Swamp Stuff in General

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
tarashon

Re: ( EXPLAINED ) Swamp Stuff in General

Post by tarashon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Well once Again we ran into the the "darn nwn lacks players" problem. Basically your level-power-gear should give you severel options along with others - as the server was designed for.

Not totally sure was to do about it either. It is by default impossible to create challanges for parties and then have singleplayers running them... which Means if alangara keeps empty so will alot of content and areas, and there is nothing we can do about it since downgrading those areas to singleplayer use is killing the intire concept of the server in which case I see no point in having it at all...

So... once again we return to the forge...

In all honesty I find it somewhat useless to go into any debate about any zone before we have managed to fix the forge. The reason is simple... we need to redesign what people can and cannot imbue in the forge and perhaps even at which levels. before we have setup this and play tested it it will be impossible to sort of "levelbrand" zones and "singleplayer or Group" tag them. Only by doing this AFTER fixing the forge do I think we can constructively debate ballance of mobs etc. until then any debate of any zone will eventually be a temporary debate with a result that might very well have to be changed again.

/tara

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:59 pm

tarashon wrote:there is nothing we can do about it since downgrading those areas to singleplayer use is killing the intire concept of the server in which case I see no point in having it at all...
How about having distinct single player areas and group areas (like the Garou mine is supposed to be) so that people CAN progress on their own but if they group up they'll be able to get far more experience/gold per hour and get rare/powerful items?
tarashon wrote:In all honesty I find it somewhat useless to go into any debate about any zone before we have managed to fix the forge.
Fair enough.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Just a short remark....

yes I have an idea that the path we should embarge on is likely some specific distinction between Group and single areas. how to create it, ballance it etc is another matter....

/tara