( FIXED & EXPLAINED ) K'ixalarr Ruins

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Balkoth

( FIXED & EXPLAINED ) K'ixalarr Ruins

Post by Balkoth » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm

So, the first elementals outside have 28 AB. The Deep Earthern in the second area have 37 AB.

I have 50 AC at level 21 with +5 to all slots from the forge and 15 raw ranks in Tumble. Which means I can Power Attack the elementals outside easily.

But even with 55 AC from popping Expertise I get wrecked by the Deep Earthern with their 39 flanking AB. In theory I might be able to keep myself continuously hasted for the entire "dungeon" by blowing a ton of Haste potions and I'm going to try that (and thus jump to 59 AC with Expertise active), but that's a massive jump.

Having a hard time seeing how a warrior-type without Expertise is going to handle them. I guess if he has Bard Song in a group, maybe? And this is assuming a shield...this server is extremely poor for 2H characters from everything I've seen.

Part of the problem, as I've mentioned before, is that the mobs simply hit for so much -- taking 50+ damage per hit which is over 12.5% of my HP. Neither my 10/+6 reduction or 5/+10 reduction is helping, they ignore both (so 10+ AB weapons). Maybe if I had some damage resistance/immunity, but, well, I don't (and the forge is broken so I can't add any). So taking like 33 physical/10 acid/10 negative energy damage per hit hit.

tarashon

Re: K'ixalarr Ruins

Post by tarashon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:15 pm

Howdy Balkoth :)

Well first of the intire setting you are about to explore is 100% ment for Groups. If some characters can single it then its fine but it has not been build for that purpose at all.

This being said we have a problem pt with melee ac versus summons/companions due to severel factors. Like "back then" Groups would go gank the first real epic mob for a grand shield granting nice ac but also damage resistance etc that would upgrade "tanks" considerably - soloing that mob is just plain impossible so once Again we are back to the Whole forge/item prolematics...

We will find some useable solution though so it will come...

However just to recap those areas are designed for Group explorations/adventures..,

/tara

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:32 pm

tarashon wrote:However just to recap those areas are designed for Group explorations/adventures..,
Hmm. Might want to change the Arcanum Mage's dialogue slightly, right now it sounds like an area similar to the swamp with a similar intended level.

And noted on the problem of lacking more AC/other defenses.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Made her dialog more clear about the potential need for friends further Down.

/tara