( EXPLAINED - Might change later ) Frontier Forest Giants

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
Balkoth

( EXPLAINED - Might change later ) Frontier Forest Giants

Post by Balkoth » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:00 am

I've found a cave in the Forest Giant area that has an area transition (on the west side)...but it doesn't seem to be working.

Jump from Forest Giant (29 AB) to Cyclops (44 AB) is also kind of huge.

Balkoth

Re: Frontier Forest Giants

Post by Balkoth » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:17 am

Speaking of area transitions that aren't working, there seems to be one at the north middle of the starting Frontier zone itself that doesn't do anything (straight north from the portal, more or less).

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:06 pm

First about the "jump" from giants to cyclobs. Aye it IS huge, but it was created back then to offer new epic level areas... Also the switch is designed fairly deliberate in the sense that it spawns only 2 in the end of the area and far away so you engage them alone with some caution. Alsoi fits actually worling as intented the "CR inspect" should be working Again on the server.

As for area transitions not working or inactive I've sometimes merely created them for future use, or at times its scripted in whicih case you will eventually do some epic quest granting you access to the area, fx..

/tara

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:35 pm

tarashon wrote:First about the "jump" from giants to cyclobs. Aye it IS huge, but it was created back then to offer new epic level areas... Also the switch is designed fairly deliberate in the sense that it spawns only 2 in the end of the area and far away so you engage them alone with some caution.
Yes, the two spawning was noticed and appreciated...though given how the Frost Yeti and some other zones with a jump worked (1 mob first) that would have been nice as well. "Fortunately" I've been doing a lot of these recent pre-epic areas at 21-22 so I'm not dying to stuff I would have otherwise.
tarashon wrote:Alsoi fits actually worling as intented the "CR inspect" should be working Again on the server.
Currently it's not, still no challenge rating on creatures.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Hmm thats kind of odd. I did alter the settings in the Ini file to 1 instead of 0...

/tara

Balkoth

Re: ( EXPLAINED - Might change later ) Frontier Forest Giants

Post by Balkoth » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:57 pm

The Challenge Rating is working now (but wasn't before).

tarashon

Re: ( EXPLAINED - Might change later ) Frontier Forest Giants

Post by tarashon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:26 am

Ah good.

Tara.