Where do I send sumbissions?

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
BenevolentDevil

Where do I send sumbissions?

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:48 am

I was wandering around Balder, and thought the museum was one of it's best attractions -
That got me to thinking about other attractions ... like an aquarium. I probably could build a nice aquarium, and send it in to be added ... just need to know where to send it, lol.
Like the museum, it would give the city more funding, create jobs , and more taxes for the coffers ... :D
It would probably be a pure "visit to see/role-playing spot", not necessary for anything , just a nice addition perhaps if included.

tarashon

Re: Where do I send sumbissions?

Post by tarashon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:47 am

Sound great really ☺

Kflj@live.dk qould do the trick, and looking forward to seing it...

Tara

BenevolentDevil

Re: Where do I send sumbissions?

Post by BenevolentDevil » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:07 pm

grrrr, ok mayhaps I can't really do this. Not in the wonderful style of Tara here anyways.

Can't get the floor tiles to work correctly. If I set them flush with the floor, it has a "shimmer" allowing the regular floor to pop through as you move around. Otherwise, it "hovers" a few "feet" above the real floor, and makes the whole area rather dumb. ( like characters walking with half their shins stuck in sand. )

Anyways , here's my Idea in a nutshell -
Floor Level - A Sandy looking, Pirate themed entrance, complete with paybooth. A lot of "pirate/sea faring " looks to it. All NPCs were to be dressed and speak like Pirate folks. Having small areas around it, that showcase panorama like scenes, with real world scientific information plaques on various creatures under the seas/water. Statues , and fountains, along with some palms, bamboo, and other vegetation to make it seem islandish, or tropical.
Buying a ticket ( 25 gold ) allowed access to the lower level , live aquarium.
The Aquarium itself, I was going to have "tanks" on each side of a long corridor. Each tank , showcases various wildlife , such as "red fish" , crabs, lobsters, piranha , sharks, A mermaid or two, giant octopus, and Aboleth ... of course with matching info cards, and some benches to sit and enjoy the scenes.
I've built "underwater areas" before, so the actual areas of "underwater/aquarium " isn't the hard part for me to do. All that takes is utilizing lighting, Dirt patches, bubbles, kelp and other vegetation , sea-shells, Statues/pillars ,and lots of rock , especially the background covered in rock ledges/cliff faces.

I'm just not any good at the base structure part. Can't get a decent looking area to build off of. ( I've tried several area looks, and nothing seems to work well. I've never tried building heavy placable style like Tara does , which always turns out amazing in my opinion. And I was trying to copy that "style" , but mine looks dumb, I don't know how to mesh it all well together ... grrrr, it's frustrating.

So, while I think it's an awesome idea still, I am going to try and stop building it ... I thought myself a decent "builder" before this , and I guess I was misleading myself this whole time.