PC Scrying device implemented.

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
tarashon

PC Scrying device implemented.

Post by tarashon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Howdy all :)

After talking to both BenevolentDevil and laters Icywind1980, we today implemented a new device known as "PC Scrying device", obtained from the new Crystalball in the OOC area.

Where as this device does not litterally show the other players ( would have LOVED that ) it does show a list of players, their levels by default including classes, there whereabouts, and if they are LFG or AFK.

Players themselves may opt fer certain settings about themselves such as being anonymous.

Most importantly this little device will allow the user to ... *fanfare* ... teleport to your party leader !

Rules for the device are described on it but basically people are not allows to used this to return ( or simply join ) an ongoing battle. Also people are not allowed to use this to gain access to areas otherwise not open to them - like areas requirering completion of a quest etc. Please respect this and above all else... ENJOY IT !

( I suppose i've been perhaps too worried about abuse since it was a huge isue "back then", but having this is obviously a great improvement for us all, including situations of crashing or being able to "instantly join an adventure" when logging on, etc. etc. - Well now its here :), )

/tara

icywind1980

Re: PC Scrying device implemented.

Post by icywind1980 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:41 am

Amazing news! Can't wait to try it out!! :D

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:30 pm

not allowed to use this to gain access to areas otherwise not open to them - like areas requirering completion of a quest etc.
How do we know if it's a area you need to finish a quest in, prior to logging in and looking for the other characters?
Lol, the thing you have to keep in mind is, you know all Tara, and know how everything fits and what is what... on our end, we only know as much as you release and we discover. *wink*

But I understand what you mean, and we hope any hiccups are pure accidents on that front.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Aye. But when you group up with others you can clearly see where they are on their pictures. So if that is a place you havent been to before, it would be prudent to ask if its ok to teleport there ?

Same as the players being in an area. They know if they just walked there or completed some quests etc to gain access. That was what i ment. Basically the whole scrying device teleport gadget builds to some extend on trust and common sense in terms of adhering to the rules. Ah well for now its just really nice to be able to teleport to partyleader :)

/tara