Divine Feat suggestion

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Li'l Rose

Re: Divine Feat suggestion

Post by Li'l Rose » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:49 pm

I have always played paladins and blackguards with greatsword, so the divine shield changes are more than enough. Yes I mentioned blackguards, because they must rely on these feats as well, and they do not get the above mentioned spells. Also their smite attack is pretty much useless unless fighting pvp.

I would suggest a little more emphasis on charisma modifier, since it is charisma that powers the ability. Perhaps try 5 rounds +5 extend spell +15 max charisma. However cap the shield ac at 10, as you suggested.

I am wondering if the divine might damage will stack with the divine damage from the bless weapon spell. If it does not stack, then this will help balance the blackguards, who will get their negative damage items.

Lastly, I am wondering if the blackguard's pets have been adjusted for balance.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:35 pm

Hmm I think I will let it be as it is referring to the Charisma since i like the duration to be useable also for fighters and barbarians via the potions.

I forgot about making Blackguards also summon the potions though, which I will obviously fix !

also can you tell me what minimum level is required to start a blackguard. I need this to balance the level required for the BG to also summon potions.

As for the summons I have not yet altered these, since no one has ever played them i think, but if that is on the move then I shall make that the next project. For this however I will also need the levels minimum needed before taking blackguard so that their summons reflect the minimum needed level of the character and not the blackguard levels only. if the latter the summons will be too weak for the actual character level.

The Divine Might uses magical damage doesn't it ?

If so it will stack with both pally and BG damage spells. If not i will change it to do so, since its useless for the pally if it does not stack...

----

Since you aparently is showing interest in the BG's you might as well go all in and tell me if there are other problems / needs for this class...

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:24 pm

For playing blackguards, I would have made one already, but for your server rule about character alignments. I'm pretty sure divine might does divine damage. Requirements for blackguard are hide 5, cleave feat, and BAB +6, so cannot start one until character level 7, and max of 30 blackguard levels.

Other than the summons and smite good, blackguards are fine. If you could improve the summons, and allow smite good to work on neutral alignments, that would be great.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Well sounds reasonable with the added neutral for smite.

I've already made a list of the appropriate character levels assuming that it was that first level of BG is indeed character level +6. this means the 3 sumons should correspond in power to summon monsters 7-8-9.

As for the Summon Vrock I see that it requires an Epic Feat to upgrade the summon fiend skill. For this reason I find it fair that the Blackguard - as the only none pure caster class - gain access to an epic summon corresponding in power to the "Mummy dust" feat casters use. This summon however will not be subject to level ajustments as the normal vrock from the feat. Regardless the other version rips of the beak of the normal vrock and uses it for toothpickers ;)

Also regarding the server rules I find it reasonable to bypass these with our current number of players, since the only way we can plot against anyone at this time would be to play alone....

Thus we might as well just enjoy the classes and play them as we see fit. Regardless this will also give us ample chance to play- and balance test more classes :)

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Thank you Tara. *ponders some blackguard builds*

Is it possible to allow for a second main character. I so wanted a character (Gabriella) to play with Warchief, but the limitations of non-main classes make it hard for her to do well.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:15 pm

The only special thin about mains are in reality

1. allowing to have a farm - but you can legally farm on main and give to alts..

2. Becoming reborn , which isnt much of an issue at this time anyways.

Did i mis one of my own rules somewhere ? LOL

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Well, there are the stat bonuses from quests, which I'm sure the module is balanced for having the little extra boosts.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:57 pm

all characters can have statboosts from quest....

/tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:37 am

tarashon wrote:all characters can have statboosts from quest....

/tara
Good to know. Wording of it under main characters made it sound like the stat boosts were for main characters only.

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:32 am

One more thing I forgot about divine feats is the Divine Wrath feat from Champion of Torm class which also has a duration of rounds based on charisma modifier.