Divine Feat suggestion

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
tarashon

Re: Divine Feat suggestion

Post by tarashon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:55 am

Rose and Chief...

I'll look into that description and fix it as Rose and me talked about last evening.

Chief...

I'll look into it and if its similar to the might in how it works I'll give it similar duration...

Still looking forward to feedback on how the changes makes the feats work and feel game wise....

/tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:26 pm

So far, I like the functionality of both. The duration works for an added role play functionality in the sense that it really captures what the feats do for the class. The divine feats invoke a divine blessing from the Gods or God that the paladin, cleric etc. serves. The duration of divine shield is like invoking a prayer of protection as the character travels, aiding in protection against surprise attacks as well as being there when the character enters battle. the duration of divine might is long enough to where it is functional in a combat with a non-hasted low level toon and acts like invoking a blessing of divine might as the character enters battle, having to be reinvoked at each new encounter. When one has the luxury of farmed haste potions or a character to provide haste, this will make the paladin class powerful but not overpowered as a paladin still has to give up a lot to make these feats out damage/out tank a fighter or barbarian. Each class has its own advantages and disadvantages which is too long to list in a thread specifically about feats but the changes, I feel really help capture what it means to be a paladin.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:41 pm

In so many words...

AWESMOME !

Thanks for feedback :)

/tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:56 am

Warchief wrote:One more thing I forgot about divine feats is the Divine Wrath feat from Champion of Torm class which also has a duration of rounds based on charisma modifier.
I did post about this before but must have missed it when implementing the other divine feat changes. It is currently only 1 use per rest and has a duration of rounds based on charisma modifier. It does +3 ab/damage/saves + DR +1/5 (totally useless part of it I might add lol). Every 5 Champion of Torm levels adds +2 to ab, damage and saves (DR stays that shitty +1/5 no matter what level)

So overall Divine Wrath adds +3 ab, (divine)damage (stacks with damage already on the weapon I believe), and saves at level 5
+5 at level 10
+7 at level 15
+9 at level 20
+11 at level 25
+13 at level 30

Powerful feat as the Champion of Torm levels but the duration really makes it very situational especially for 1 use per rest.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:46 am

Howdy :)

Following changes has been made to the feat and are now ingame...

Duration = 20 + COTlevels*2 rounds. COTlevels are also set to minimum 10 so effectively between 3 and 8 minuttes now.

Damage Resist is now alsways +15/x and the progressions is now set to 5, 10, 10, 15, 15, 20, 20. Ie 20 is now maximum DR for level 30+

Finally the damage is now minimum +10 and as it naturally goes above that it follows that pattern.

Enjoy.

/tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Cool! Looks good on paper but might be a while before I can test in game. I made Dante to be a Paladin/CoT but also to adventure with Gabriella. I think Gabriella still needs fixing if I remember correctly so will have to see what Rose would like to do since we have also been playing silly fun characters. I may eventually make a new paladin to play solo when I get bored with my archer though. I will let you know how it works when I am actually able to test.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Oki doki ...

/tara