Knockdown Immunity

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Li'l Rose

Knockdown Immunity

Post by Li'l Rose » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:10 am

I know that there are no items with knockdown immunity, but is it possible to script a spell or potion to grant temporary immunity to knockdown? For playing a dex toon, your discipline is too low to help against knockdown. As my dex toon Marigold has been trying harder areas, knockdown has become a real problem for her. She get knockdown over and over, so cannot get an attack to avoid flatfoot and lose all her ac. Without any kind of immunity, playing a dex toon will become too hard to play.

tarashon

Re: Knockdown Immunity

Post by tarashon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:46 am

I do see the point and obviously all classes should be possible to play alone. This being said the harder and harder areas eventually will require more and more players to co-operate, as it is build for that very intention...

I also find it obvious that a dex toon should not be as high discipline at a warrior. After all the rogue gets many benefits and whereas the rogue is a master of damage it is excactly the fragility that upholds the balance. As such I believe a better solution is to look at summons and henchmen. Basically making it possibly for the rogue to use the henchman/summon to do the tanking and then atttacking from the side themselves. Afterall if we make it so that the rogues can just stand toe to toe with melee mobs what about the warriors then ???

So my suggestion is to take a look at the rogues solo abilities together with both summon like the ibir fx and the warrior henchmen. - perhaps we will need a higher level of both....

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:28 pm

I guess will need to make a strength fighter, with fullplate and tower shield, since they get access to the same summons.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Not nescesarely...

Obviously choosing such a class might be an option and logical one if you prefere head on fights since rogue are not, and should not be, as strong as them in this line of fight...

However..my point is that whereas I find it wrong and counterproductive to grant rogue's extra discipline making them able to rival warriors as melee smackers I do find it important and nescesary to make them soloable to the same point as other characters. Thus I Fins i much more interesting to see if some summon can even the odds.

However i do believe it would be prudent to see what the warchief and Kyo think on the matter. After all I dont want them to feel "held back" in the sense that suddenly you have another class bing competitive on "tanking" while having many other bonusses at the same time.

One option would however be some sort of special summon. However i think its vital to first see if rogues can solo with both cat and henchman at this time...

/tara

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:59 pm

// *** KD immunity potion, custom created by Tarashon for Alangara PW *** //

void main()
{

object oPC;

if ((GetObjectType(GetItemActivatedTarget())!=OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE)
){

SendMessageToPC(GetItemActivator(), "Improper use of item!");
return;}

oPC = GetItemActivator();

object oTarget;
oTarget = oPC;

int nDex = (GetAbilityModifier(ABILITY_DEXTERITY))*2;

effect eEffect;
eEffect = EffectImmunity(IMMUNITY_TYPE_KNOCKDOWN);

effect eDur = EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_CESSATE_POSITIVE);

effect eLink = EffectLinkEffects(eEffect, eDur);

int nDuration = nDex;

float fTime = 30.0 + RoundsToSeconds(nDuration);

ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eLink, oTarget, fTime);
}

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:23 am

Well potions are now ingame, and functional and clarity spell also works wth KD imunity added aswell :)

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 am

Thank you Tara!

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Your welcome Rose. I just hope it helps...

/Tara

Warchief

Post by Warchief » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Confirmed that the potions are indeed in the rogue shop and in chests. My archer looted one last night before I went to bed in a chest and visited the rogue shop. Maybe while the server is down you can add in a stack of 10 to the shop like the rest in case players want to stock up without having to click and buy a bunch of single ones. Just a thought and thanks for all your hard work.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 pm

Can do :)

/Tara