New epic quest reward idea - limited wish...

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
tarashon

New epic quest reward idea - limited wish...

Post by tarashon » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Howdy all :)

As the terrors of Talkast becomes more clear to the world certain powerful individuals are starting to have had enough of these monstrosities and their leaders.

As such it is speculated that within the nearest future a special bounty will be set up. 3 mighty bosses needs to be vanquished and only 1 person will actually get the spoils per kill. ( same model as the epic bosses found throughout the world today ).

Something new however will be that these bosses will not - per say - have the main prize on them. Rather the main prize will be turning in the actually quest ( the world bosses are not normally quests in themselves ). My idea is here to make the prize something unique in the form of a limited WISH.

Now what I need is first of all feedback if this sounds interesting...

Secondly we need to establish some generel guidelines as to the options and more importantly powerlevel of such a wish. This means I need feedback and suggestions.

Here are some temporary ideas of mine to be considered...

Special summon, slightly more powerful than similar but unique look and name. ( powerlevel will be defined by the class of the characters )

Housing - standard.

Making any given weapon or armor +8.

Granting any given item regen +8

Granting any given item 3* max spellslot for particular class.

Some unique feature on the server celebrating the character, like a hero statue and commoners in castle balder may speak of the persons awesomeness.

Well these were some ideas of mine. Please fire away with feedback. If you want influence share your thoughts :)

/tara

Li'l Rose

Re: New epic quest reward idea - limited wish...

Post by Li'l Rose » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:02 am

I really like this idea. One of my reward suggestions would be a unique character appearance of your choice. Or how about a role play event about that character.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:56 am

Well as it is now we are very open to unique char appearance as it is so not sure that really a unique bonus...

As for the Roleplay event this can only be done if we get another active DM. I simply do not have the time to conjure up and act out RP events of that sort, since I am highly dedicating my time to develloping the server and having some playtime myself also.

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:24 pm

Well, the unique appearance would be a bonus for me, as I would love make a brownie druid with butterfly wings, so look like the forest fairies in the temple.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Well Basically if its possible to create an item to permanently change your apearance or the like just tell me what to do and we fix the given character. No wish needed for that sort of thing :)

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:23 am

If you use the include script zep_inc_monster, it will add all of the cep appearances to the list of constants. Brownie is in there. Not sure how to make it permanent though, as appearances usually reset when logging.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:31 am

Actually they dont, when you use the script editor and set the duration on supernatural , permanent. That was in fact the problem with the immersion tools.

I'll give it a look later today. Also if this works it will mean that i can make immersion tools with the small dragons etc for some darn cool summons/familars RP wise, so that's plain awesome :)

/tara

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Btw Rose. will Including this cep inc monsters really help since usually the monster apearance names are not the same as the actual "apearance ID" . Thus adding this brownie I asume we need the actual apearance ID ???

Regardless Rose, if you would like a given customrace apearance all you need to do is to send me the actual apearance name which usually differes from the toolset name and portrai name/ID aswell. then I'll make the given immersiontool being it for Players or for companions/familiars. Just be sure to state which is for what as you know you yourself made the mechanism for pet tools not to work on players....

/tara

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:28 pm

The 2da line number for brownie is 1002. It will work with console commands, but I forgot what is the command for change appearance.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:28 am

First Limited wish granted !

"Oricharon the Celestial" has entered the Inner Realms to server Jesandra the Brass.

Congratulations :)

/tara