Gate, Greater Planar Binding, and Create Undead

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Noskard

Gate, Greater Planar Binding, and Create Undead

Post by Noskard » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 am

Well, I'm not saying do it, but usually evil people are the ones with the wicked minions not the goody two shoes. lel, but anyway I was hoping that the Hellknight version of Gate be revamped because comparing buffs between my Hellknight and Succubus, the hellknight seems to be completely underwhelming if not equal to the succubus. (Although the HP are drastically different the AC and Damage can be reliably the same thing. Although again the Hellknight does have I think cleave and knockdown.) But usually AC is the situation that keeps up against your hardcore monsters. (Either way inferior towards the Epic Sellsword)

Also Greater planar binding the Vrock is hilariously weaker then Succubus. (15/10/5 AB, 60 or so HP, low AC, got mauled to death by 1 crypt zombie that I thought it was going to save me from, instead died to the crypt zombie and then killed me. R.I.P.)

Create Undead is hilarious as you summon a Spectre, where you get a whopping 45 HP, AC 13? (Or was it 22...). I also think the lower end version of undead summoning you get a Skeleton Chieftain, but that didn't do so well against a Shredder Scout on one vs one basis.

tarashon

Re: Gate, Greater Planar Binding, and Create Undead

Post by tarashon » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:56 am

Howdy Noskard, and this being the first time I say hi to you here on the Forum Welcome aboard and glad that you decide to registre and use the forum and share your opinions :)

I'll look the hellknight over and compare to the others, statwise etc.

*EDIT*
I've now been looking the hellknight over. The thing is that the succubus and similar have ac 35 but while using shield and armor. The hellknight and others have ac 35 without shield and armor. This mens that with buffs like shield potions ( ac 4 SHIELD AC ) and mage armor they will actually have considerably higher ac. Putting this even higher will make them too high AC compared to players like fighters etc. Basically the summons are depending on "buffs" and balanced with these in mind. Same as damage output which should not be seen just alone but in conjunction with the casters own potential for damage output.

Like if the summon have the same damage output as a player fighter it would really be badly balanced.
*EDIT OVER*

2. Actually the greator planar binding was never tampered with, meaning that it summons a standard monsters which is, as you put it, hilariously weak. I'll run it over and make it an upgrade of the planar binding version.

*EDIT*

Back when we redesigned the summons we actually deliberatly balanced it so that the planar binding "would suffice" until the gate. I will however make the greater planar binding version but it will only be a tad stronger then the succubus for balance purposes.

These are now created and in game the second i restart the server

*EDIT OVER*

3. I have yet not actually fixed the summon undead line of spells - they never were in use... So until I get that fixed it will likely be much more useable to use the normal summon monsters...

I'll get to it though so should be fixed within a week or so ( im busting my but atm with various upgrades/fixes/suggestions et etc ;)

/tara

Noskard

Re: Gate, Greater Planar Binding, and Create Undead

Post by Noskard » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Hello! And it's no worries, take your time and don't burn yourself out. As well as thanks for hearing me out and looking into it.