Brainstorming Session, Implementing non combat stuff?

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
BenevolentDevil

Re: Brainstorming Session, Implementing non combat stuff?

Post by BenevolentDevil » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:30 pm

While some of it is worthless ( really 69 position? Hahaha ) ...

A lot of it is nice , especially making your summons.familiars, ect talk ... passing notes to other players , editing descripts of items forged ( or regular items ) , creating one's own journal entries ( now keep track of what quest you finished or are working on! )

Most of it is "plug and play" , but not sure how much work Tara would have to do to add it in , because it does work off things like "OnUsed" scripts and such ... but I can't see it'd be that hard, if I was able to use it way back in the day.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:37 pm

I think this look awesome and dont really see Any reason not to use it. Also the abilitu to name item and give Them descriptions is really cool ☺

Tara.

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:50 pm

PM sent Tara!

I can't believe I forgot about that thing ...

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:01 pm

Here is the hak for the additional animations,but it'sa extra hak ... and I am not a fan of those beyond CEP ... I don't know if it would run as an ovveride or not, I didn't use them myself.
http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn ... animations

( only for the bottom few on the list above )

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Howdy :)

If don't want to use other HAKs than CEP since they may conflict and requires new playesr to DL and install before trying the server etc etc yabbidiy abbidi ;)

As for the chat commands we have a slight problem in that the files wants to override existing files Seeker allready have customized. Thus until Seeker can get to a computer where he can run the actual Toolset and do the integration it will have to wait. That said we will find a way to integrate it and I really like all the options for both gear and RP etc.

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:35 pm

hrmmm, all righty then.

I'll crack open the toolset later, look to see what it overrides.

Twilighteyes

Post by Twilighteyes » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:46 pm

I would say it is wanting to overwrite the intimate emote tool, possibly the emote wand as well. Just a guess.
Twilighteyes name "borrowed" from a book titled the same, NOT a reference to "sparkly" vampires.

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:34 pm

well,the tailors too it looks like,and we had some problems getting those to work correctly in the first place, especially the cloaks.

I am wondering if I can write a bypass script,where it doesn't overwrite anything but runs off it's own system. From there make an include file to run for where it' s called from? I don't really know If I can , as I'm not the best at scripting. Or we can wait for the master to get a comp and fixed it. ;)

It's neat, but not something we need as it stands. ( we've done fine with-out it up to this point.)

Li'l Rose

Post by Li'l Rose » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:48 am

You can craft anything you want from the radial crafting menu: armour, weapons, cloaks, helms, shields. All completely free, no gold or skill points required, if you craft in Signe's dressing room. Outside of her dressing room, the cost is 100 gold per character level, but no skill points required ever.

I've always loved crafting, but not liked the costs of gold and skill points from the radial crafting menu, so I played around with the scripts, and sent them to Tara. The tailor models are easier to use, but they still charge gold. You need bug Tara for removing the gold costs from them. Not sure why the cloak levers are still there, as they are not needed. Cloak crafting from the radial menu is much easier and quicker than the levers, and you can abort your crafting if you want.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:06 am

I'll remove the levers today Rose. DIdn't consider that they might cause more confusion than good. As for the goldcost of models im not sure I can find it but I'll try :)

/tara