Dwarven Halls weapons

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Dante2377

Dwarven Halls weapons

Post by Dante2377 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:22 am

...is there a reason only the slashing ones have the Keen property?

While the "keen edge" spell can only be cast on slashing weapons, the Keen property can be added to any melee weapon (not ranged or gloves) to increase its threat range (yes Keen Warhammers). I didn't know if that was an intentional RP design.

tarashon

Re: Dwarven Halls weapons

Post by tarashon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Not at all Dante. Its because of lack of game technical knowledge on my part, thinking keen only worked on slashing weapons. It will be fixed...

/tara

Dante2377

Post by Dante2377 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Before you do that, maybe see if people want keen? Because with +8, electrical, and keen, there's only room for 2 more properties. Maybe it might be better without keen? OR a version with each? hmm.....

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:09 pm

Or some special devices to add keen permanently to already forged weapons?

Honestly, if you forge/upgrade before spending over a million gold on another weapon , you've already spent a lot of time and investment as it is. I for one don't want to start over the forging/gem adding just to gain a perma-keen blade, as the keen and +8 are about the only two additions I think would be worth having.

I had forgotten about the dwarf hall weapons myself until yesterday... Tolmar and Xymoria being more apt to visit.

Plus like Dante pointed out, it only leaves room for two more properties, plus a thunderstrike maybe, and one gem socket set. It can be forged slightly more powerful, than a normally forged weapon in that way, but not really 1 million gold's worth more powerful, lol.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:39 pm

Agreed.

Basically might be more viable to remove the weapons all together and create a "Dwarven Stone" adding properties to a given weapon. However what I would like to do is to take a little time to test/experience damage and durability on melees on the epic levels, before adding or modifying anything.

/tara