2nd PC suggestions

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Dante2377

2nd PC suggestions

Post by Dante2377 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:33 am

So you can see a hint of my concept for my characters here http://www.alangara.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=279.

Thinking about a second PC and how my group is drawn to the need of the realm, I've noticed in our larger groups recently, that there are plenty of archers, buffers, bards, and casters, but not a lot of melee damagers or pure tanks. My original thought for a 2nd PC was something bard-y, but it seem like some of the groups could benefit from either a big-damage weaponmaster OR something like a Dwarven Defender - something with 20+ natural DR and ~700 natural hp (940 with +12 CON), but I'm curious as to other people's thoughts. I can even make a dex-based dwarven defender with 21/ DR, high AC, and epic dodge.

BenevolentDevil

Re: 2nd PC suggestions

Post by BenevolentDevil » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:16 am

My suggestion is do what's fun for you in the long run.

Most of that "group" are our Overseas/Old Country players not in our timezone ... lol , and yes they are bard/druid heavy on that side of the pond ... hahaha!

But the reason I re-did Jess because she was fun to play as she was, but also frustrating to beat on a single epic enemy ( not a boss) forever, while getting chomped on because the damage output of light weapons ( daggers and Kukris ) just wasn't cutting it , and her AB was way low, so missing was an issue too.
So slight changes , makes her more survivable , and a bit more "tanky" for those group runs too.

I have a couple alts I play occasionally ... a Arcane archer , and a Paladin, and a low level cleric I never really got started ... but none are at the level ranges of Jess , and she's my main character I tend to play her most.
But in all cases, it's more about having fun than actual "needs".

tarashon

Re: 2nd PC suggestions

Post by tarashon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Well Dante, all I can say is that thread was DARN interesting :)

Looking forward to see where its going, so keep it coming hehe !

And yes as BD states its really most importantly about having fun. That being said venturing into the epic areas and fighting those bosses do require balanced groups, even after all the changes and improvements to classes we have made to try make the world more playable with less players.

/tara