Protect from Evil/Good

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
BenevolentDevil

Protect from Evil/Good

Post by BenevolentDevil » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Hey I thought an extra boon to this spell would maybe offer some DR or absorption of negative damage for protect from evil, and positive damage for protect from good ... and or maybe have some immunities to draining effects of negative damage spells , like ghoul touch, and negative energy burst , ect ...

as it stands, all it really does is grant an extra +2 AC against those of absolute "evil" or "good " alignments , and I am not even certain that stacks with other magical armor types, as it's not "calculated" on the charatcer sheet when active.

Dante2377

Re: Protect from Evil/Good

Post by Dante2377 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:04 pm

the only ac type that stacks is dodge; all the rest only take the highest value.

the pro alignment spells also protect from mind effects (eg daze stun confusion etc) from spells and effects against th chosen alignment and protect from spell like effects (though not spells).

it's most commonly used in lower magic environments for the ac at low levels, but in all environments for mind protection from evil. eg if the mizbut ravagers are evil it would protect against their daze on hit effect.

BenevolentDevil

Re: Protect from Evil/Good

Post by BenevolentDevil » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:25 pm

ahh I forgot about the mind immunity part of it, hasn't been effective really that I noticed ,so I forgot that part