Persistent Traps ...

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
BenevolentDevil

Persistent Traps ...

Post by BenevolentDevil » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:05 am

I don't mind the traps on certain things and places, but we are finding if we are sans Bard or Rogue with trap skills, even if you tak ethe damage from a trap, it barrs you from keeping on going.

Say like I found a chest in the Undead area near Orcgate ( near where you get the ring for the lady in Archibald's Royale ) , the chest is trapped and locked ... you can unlock option it, it triggers a trap, but still can't open it because the trap auto-replaces/resets.
Now a chest is probably no big deal ...

But in the epicy areas we are finding some doors, like the one to the inner sanctum for the harp of Winter quest , the door after you get the stone, is trapped and locked. Unlocking makes the trap hit you , but it auto resets as well, making to where you cannot go on if you have no skills/ability in trap springing. It's pretty much blocking access to advance ,to all classes not trap proficient.

I don't mind getting hit by the traps, but don't like having to wait on a rogue to play, be of the same level range, just to get to areas to finish up quest and such. We simply do not have the player base to support having all classes available all the time.
My suggestion would be to have the resetting traps, be one shot for a set amount of time, say a minute or two , and then replace/reset itself ... that way, if it's triggered, it goes away ( but does it's damage ) , and doors can be used/unlocked in that small window ... and still keeps traps there for the rogues and bards to mess with.

tarashon

Re: Persistent Traps ...

Post by tarashon » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Would make some sense i suppose. As for the traps with All the blod and a corpse in front of it.... maybe its just there to kill stuff, muhahaha.

Tara

Dante2377

Post by Dante2377 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Our buddy Vash can deal with epic traps. Did you happen to note the DC?

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Nope, it was Goriolas that attempted the trapspringing, and I PM'd ya when we left out to go to the spot, but I think you afk for a long while.

On the chest, hehehe that's a dirty trick ... I like it.