PM summons...

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
BenevolentDevil

PM summons...

Post by BenevolentDevil » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Definitely under-powered and need work, lol.

Not really that big of deal, just letting ya know these are not really on par with other summons of other classes.

tarashon

Re: PM summons...

Post by tarashon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:18 pm

I kind of figured that much. My questions is this...

Should we try to go for some sort of specialties for the class in regrads of their summons or shall i just make them on par with their levels for now.

Also is PM a presitige class and as such when is it possible to take it forst. I need to know if a PM summon level 4 pm fx means the char is in reality minimum level 8 to atune the summons. If you can reply with this within a few hours ill make it happen tonite :)

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:04 pm

hmmm,

I think earliest you can get PM is by level 2 any arcane based spell use. I know for my build, level 4 bard is needed , possibly level 3.

I think PM should remain some undead or undead like ( spirits rather than monsters at least), ... could kinda adopt a "Nethermancer" type of feel for the class , instead of dealing with straight up lich like class. ( Even though lich-lite is more akin to it.)

Nethermancers are alot like "necromancers" of DnD, another class I have taken from Earthdawn. ( you can google Nethermancer Earthdawn setting for more of a description I think. )

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:48 pm

I like the concept of a more "dark sided shamanistic spiritual" approach and having read though all the circles ill go over the PM now and his spells to see what we can come up with.

I think most importantly that we should strive to make it something UNIQE, but in aproach RP wise but also feel uniqe to play. Else it will be nothing but a darn fightermage who likes to dress up in black and show of his skeletal summons.... 'ish ;)

/tara

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:21 pm

Allright...

I've been tediously reading up on the PM and what i see is the following...

1. As it levels up so does the amount of spells in its highest caster call. However as i read it not their actual casterlevels. neither do they actually learn the spells.

2. this means that basically PMs are for level 20 casters that wants more spells and are satisfied with their casterlevels.

---

The Alangara settings is tremendously "against" this class or perhaps better described counterproductive to it. All spells here level up to 40 meaning a PM even if 20 caster, will suck bigtime. they will then have excactly double amount of spellsloths but at level 20 so basically weak ( likely too weak ).

Also if lower than level 18? caster only as wizard will the PM be able to actually learn spells of the gained levels since only wizards can learn with scrolls.

----

I am truly having a hard time to see how we can do anything about them that will make any sense as a special class. I could remake all their summons as truly custom ones, having them double as both melee and casters as they grow ( that would make them quite uniqe ) but the PM himself still eludes me then. Any suggestions, comments, ideas or just thing about the class and how its played that could be usefull for me to know ?

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:27 am

Honestly, the only reason to take PM is making your arcane casters tougher. Like critical immune , helpful in PvP servers, where rogues sneak attack ya and monsters use a form of dev crit too.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:36 am

Ya, seemed like it to me also. I had hope they had special powers i could completely redo.

This is that in Alangara you wont really make your caster stronger with PM. Yes you get more HP ..BUT... casters are allready taken to 1d6 hp here.

Also the extra spells are more or less needless due to our items creation options where you can get tons of extra spells per and if you only cap them at level 20....well...you loose.

Also creating so many customs and additional items holds the drawback of extra pressure on the palette, for what seems nothing. By this i mean that noone would be "pure PM" ( more than likely ) so their summons would be obsolete anyways due to level scaling. If i were to make them count all levels it would be utterly unbalanced since then you can just take 6 levels PM and get the level 30 summon...

I would love to do something with the class but right now i'm kind of not seing it.

Since the main ONE thing they have and apparently as the only class is their "Summon undead" FEAT, maybe we should consider merging that feat into another class. Ill look at harper scout and PDK and see what they have. I'm pretty sure we can tweak those 2.da as to actually include that feat there and perhaps make the COMPLETELY unused PDK, into some sort of custom Spirit warrior being a sort of nature/spirit version of the Black Guard....maybe. less see :)

/tara

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Allright BD, this could be rather interesting... :)

I did an experiment with 2da and managed to take the PDK feat heroic shield, alter it so..

Now have glowing orange aura
Works on self also
Duration 2 turns
AC down to 2
Added regen 2

Then i made an alteration in the monk feat 2.da, and VUPTI !

Suddenly monks gets this uniqe feat at level 2 ( i put it to level 2 to test it easier )

Now this have HUGE remedifications.

First of it means that we can custom alter all classes to get excactly what feats we want at excactly what levels we want, and modify those feats however we want !

Secondly I am going to investigate if I can actually manage to CREATE new classes. If this is the case i propose designing a brand new class "Spirit master". My idea would be to base it upon the bard so its not as durable and strong as he fighter but then granting it special feats and use the summon undeads to create a spiritiual line of special summons.

So some spells, some fighting and cool summons.

Also i want to investigate if I can actually add brand new custom feats/spells also, or if not as a minimum alter name and descriptions on excisting ones. Fx fix it so druid and bardspells completely changed actually gets new names and descriptions.

If I can custom design spells/feats as I see fit, it would allow me to make more versatile "crosstalent" classes, allowing for fx both spells buffs/damage and healing but lower than the "real classes"...

Fx having the spiritmaster having statbuffs that are 1d2+1 ( as an such exsample )

I will using the next time to concentrate on these abilitys/skills since if I can get that to work.... THE SKY IS THE LIMIT :)

/tara

BenevolentDevil

Post by BenevolentDevil » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Thats cool!

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi :)

Whereas I've come further in the techniques to actually custom classes ( actually made a Spiritmaster but is so far merely a bard clone - needs more research ) I am pretty sure I can now actually alter the reworked spells in the game. This means all spells completely altered will be fixed now for those who wishes to switch the dialog.tlk

Will try to see if this works only with serverside although i doubt it. But at least now we actually CAN alter spell descriptions and names so people can see it directly :)

/tara