Weapons...

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
BenevolentDevil

Weapons...

Post by BenevolentDevil » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 am

I noticed while browsing Arelith's forms they were able to change some in game weapon stats : Like they took Spear to a medium weapon and lowered it's damage from 1d8 to 1d6 ...

( Personally, seeing how the spear was a very devastating weapon in skilled hands in ancient empire, I would say damage should be boosted up not down for it lol.)

For the upcoming "spearmaiden" when we get to that ... , it'd be cool if spear was able to be used with shields, as in one handed , while retaining it's damage potential or increasing it ( or increasing it's threat range maybe? ) , and "two-handed" spears should deifinately have a bigger increase in damage like a two handed sword is far greater than a long sword.

tarashon

Re: Weapons...

Post by tarashon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:55 am

I agree. I tried earlier on to actually change weapons so they were more inline damagewise per size category and thus became more of an RP / LOOK option, without success. Having develloped my coding/2da knowledge somewhat I shall give it a second look and YES. I too would love to see the Speakmaiden using speear and shield and not being sub par, because of weapon stats...

( which goes for many other weapons also )

/tara

Twilighteyes

Re: Weapons...

Post by Twilighteyes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 am

I love animating dead threads!!

Could we possibly get things like: trident, heavy mace, assassin dagger and what not (just base versions) into the merchants? A couple of these weapons are actual NWN vanilla with weapon focus feats to go along while others are just CEP renders. Assassin dagger is “broken” as it is just a dagger base weapon with the blade in a downward orientation but weapon focus/finesse doesn’t apply. I’m pretty sure trident does have applied feats and is a NWN base weapon.

Just something to add options/flavor.
Twilighteyes name "borrowed" from a book titled the same, NOT a reference to "sparkly" vampires.