Class Idea: Blighter (Corrupted Druid)

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Omegon

Class Idea: Blighter (Corrupted Druid)

Post by Omegon » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm

So this class is taken from the 3.5 sourcebook "Complete Divine" Page 23.

In a nutshell the blighter class is a corrupted druid. The reason why I suggested this as an idea is that there are so many lush forests, groves and nature that there could be potential for a blighter cult to infect a small area and potentially spread. Encouraging roleplay between players, Dynamically changing the world.

Perhaps a new base class with undead summons, I was thinking a form of undead turning applying to plant types only. If i remember Ceps got some awesome undead animal monster models. Let me know whatcha think! Official information below:

BLIGHTER
When a druid turns away from the land, the land turns away from her. Some ex-druids make peace with this change;others seek to restore the bond. A few, however, actually embrace their disconnection from nature and become forces of destruction. These few, called blighters, bring desolation wherever they tread.

A blighter gains her spellcasting ability by stripping the earth of life. A swath of deforested land always marks her path through the wilderness.The vast majority of blighters are nomadic loners constantly in search of green lands to destroy. Some are grim;others laugh at the destruction they wreak. Almost all, however, are friendless and mad. What puts them over the edge is the knowledge that nature gets the last laugh: To gain their spells, they must seek out the richest forests of the land, even if it’s only to destroy them. Thus, even though they’ve turned away from nature, they must constantly return to it.

Only human ex-druids seem attracted in any number to
the blighter’s path. Legends say that a few elven druids have
also turned to destruction over the millennia—a terrifying
prospect given how much land they could destroy in their
long lifetimes.

Adaptation: In many ways, the blighter is to the druid
what the blackguard is to the paladin. While it’s likely that
blighters are loners, you could also develop a secret cult of
blighters devoted to ruining the world’s ecology.

Hit Die: d8.

REQUIREMENTS
To qualify as a blighter, a character must fulfi ll the following criteria.
Alignment: Any nongood.
Base Attack Bonus: +4.
Special: The character must be an ex-druid previously
capable of casting 3rd-level druid spells.

CLASS SKILLS
The blighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill)
are Concentration (Con), Craft (any) (Int), Diplomacy (Cha),
Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (nature) (Int),
Listen (Wis), Profession (herbalist) (Wis), Spellcraft (Int),
Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str). See Chapter 4 of
the Player’s Handbook for skill descriptions.

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

CLASS FEATURES
The following are class features of the blighter prestige
class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Blighters gain no
weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spells per Day: Since blighters are ex-druids, they lose their druid spellcasting abilities. However, they gain access to new, more destructive spells. At each blighter level, the character gains spells per day according to Table 2–3. Shemust choose her spells from the blighter spell list, below.The blighter’s caster level is equal to her blighter level plus her druid level.

To cast a blighter spell, a blighter must have a Wisdom
score of at least 10 + the spell’s level, so a blighter with a
Wisdom of 10 or lower cannot cast these spells.

tarashon

Re: Class Idea: Blighter (Corrupted Druid)

Post by tarashon » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:04 pm

I find this one interesting indeed. However since it's implementation is a huge work it is long down the list of to'do's , as firstly I am interested in making all existing classes "optimized". This does not however mean that people should not come with ideas and suggestions - all good things for those who wait; or something like that hehe.

/tara

Omegon

Re: Class Idea: Blighter (Corrupted Druid)

Post by Omegon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:18 am

Totally agree there, This one can be on the back burner until the existing classes are ironed out.