Editable Character Bio

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Duplicity

Editable Character Bio

Post by Duplicity » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:24 am

Ello all,

Does anyone know of there's a way to edit a character bio after creation? If there isn't a method already maybe this could be considered in the future.

A great way for long term characters to display visible or emotional changes as they progress.

I ask only because inputting a bio on PC creation can feel limited, and some text jumps across ruining the overall display.

Thanks
Duplicity :mrgreen:

tarashon

Re: Editable Character Bio

Post by tarashon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:45 am

I am not really sure. What you could do is look at "the vault" and see if anyone has uploaded some custom systems there…

/tara

Somnium
Site Admin

Post by Somnium » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:17 am

It is unfortunately not possible to edit your character's bio after it has been created, using the NWN client directly.

It would probably be possible to create some kind of scripting system for this - however, that would require the player to enter a new bio using the in-game chat, which is not ideal either.
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

Duplicity

Post by Duplicity » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:50 pm

Thanks Somnium and Tarashon!
I'll have a look around and see what I find.

Twilighteyes

Post by Twilighteyes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:02 pm

**Animate dead on this topic**

In the original version of NWN the host could go into the MP save files and find the player folder, change out the old bio for the new one and done. Not sure if that’s possible with EE. Another way to do this would be the host using LETO and it would have a similar effect.

IN GAME, as somnium said, it can be done but would have to be done thru the chat client meaning you would have to be VERY CAREFUL and watch your typos. If there was a way to copy paste from something like notepad then this would be ideal.
Twilighteyes name "borrowed" from a book titled the same, NOT a reference to "sparkly" vampires.