Weapon Enhancements

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
bosephus

Weapon Enhancements

Post by bosephus » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:15 am

I think we need to consider simplifying the rules for enhancing weapons, as many folks (including myself) are confused by the sign at Aaron's forge.

The way I understand it, to enhance a weapon (legally) you must.

1. Check if your class is allowed elemental damage (Rogue, FIghter, Barbarian)
2. Know your weapon type (only 2handed weapons are allowed to stack 2d8 damage, all other is 1d12) - I would consider getting rid of this rule at some point.

So in my example, Kitty. I'm using a small or medium weapon, which means I can have 1d12 damage and 1 elemental type due to the class rule. Teh same would go for most sword/shield types.

Also, for new players, never add fire damage, it is a waste of tokens as you can buy alchemist fire at magic and mysteries and many casters have "flame weapon"

At the forge
1. Add Bludgeoning (1d12)
2. Add Slashing (1d12)
3. Add piercing (1d12)
4 Add Acid (due to class rule 1d12)

After the forge, I believe I can do the following in any order

Orb of enhancement
1. Use my orb to add +7

Gemstones
1. Add 2d8 of another elemental type (I have seen no rules about having to stick with 1d12 with gems).

Royal Adventure Society stone
1. At level 25 buy the first stone (1d12) of the chosen type
2. At level 35 buy the second stone (1d12) of the chosen type

I'm still not sure I have it right and I think we could possibly end up spending a lot of time refunding forge tokens with the current rules :lol:

Omegon

Re: Weapon Enhancements

Post by Omegon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:27 am

Thanks for the info Bose, Im guessing the flame damage doesnt stack with magical enchantments like flame weapon/darkfire then?

tarashon

Re: Weapon Enhancements

Post by tarashon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:42 am

I am all up for trying some system of simplifing the forge weaponrules and i see the amount of confusion it has had.

My old really concern here is that we make sure certain classes are better than others here. It was an idea to diversify…

What we could do instead is FX following…

Make the forge rules so that you may only use 2 weapon enchants of type - depending on weaponsize.

The idea here is then to create a figters guild where people may buy new "imbue damage stones" depending on their level and class. this way we could fx also have a really cheap one for low level fightertypes. Another reason i want to create such a guild is I would like for it to have some sort of long duration buff NPC's.

Here fx a priest npc and a mage npc could aid melee characters with some 1 hour ingame duration buffs, making it easier to single these classes .

As with everything else I need to get home from vacation and due to creativity and playercount rising ( wehaa ) my list is growing , but we will get there ! :)

/tara