The mighty CHOSEN...

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
tarashon

The mighty CHOSEN...

Post by tarashon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:35 am

Greetings all :)

As most Alangara players are well aware we have an additional "expansion" to the normal character development known as Reborns. Reborns are touched with divinity granting them certain extra powers and massive stat boosts and additional power to their spells when casting such.

If players manage to level all the way up to level 40 again as Reborns we will now expand upon the Lore and powers and introduce the next level of evolution, in the grand scheme of the Allfather of the Inner Realms; the custom God Zertihn. This step will be known as the CHOSEN's.

Such characters will suffer a additional 50% XP cut so combined with that of them already being Reborns they get only 25% XP.

They will also be granted some additional bonus to their spells and stats adding to the bonusses from already being Reborn.

This is however where we start to be looking for input and ideas.

One idea allready debated is making them able to once-a-day ( 24 hours ) bestow certain blessings upon other players. Say divinely bless a PC for 24 hours. Such a blessings in stats or what not would be NONE dispellable and stay over rest !

But what will their role be and how can they influence the world setting them truly apart from others ?

All ideas and inputs are welcome. Even if your ideas might be "over the top" we could maybe scale them down. Or maybe you are not really aware of how powerful players and in particular Reborns already can be and thus your idea would in fact have to be scaled UP...

Looking forward to seeing any and all inputs ! :)

/Tarashon

bosephus

Re: The mighty CHOSEN...

Post by bosephus » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:43 pm

I am looking forward to the introduction of the Chosen onto the server. A few things you could consider and discard at your convenience.

1.) A chosen can use any item in the game (if UMD will allow it). If this is not valuable to players, then they can be granted a wish upon becoming chosen (much like completing the Wish quest).

2.) A chosen forge? No restrictions?

3.) I like the blessing idea.

4.) Speaking of wishes from the terror of talkash, I think a Chosen should be able to summon a copy of any one of those mini bosses (determined at random) to fight for them. Limited duration? Maybe 20 rounds?

5.) If the player base was more, I'd like to see Chosens be the heads of, or belong to guilds.

6.) If there are going to be stat bonus/hp/sr benefits be granted, should they be automated or individualized to the character? I don't plan on there being a ton of chosens. At least not right away.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:55 am

Good suggestions Bose :)

The idea of using all items i find sweet and i take it that technically it a question of making some DM item than grants the CHOSEN UMD 50 ? but if you cannot use like heavy armor then you also need to get all the feats for different armor/weapon types ? - not a biggie though and i think the idea makes a lot of RP sense !

The chosen forge i'm more sceptical about but i take it we could look at it. its also more about what it should have really that we need to consider.

The special summon to call in some of the existing mini bosses i find very cool !

This one is from my perspective what is truly what needs to be carved out and defined more. In my opinion and idea foundation "with great powers comes great responsabilities".

Now mind you this is a game so i'm not talking about turning a game into a job for the players but more that they must indeed stand for something and become a driving part for other players as well. This obviously also requires an actual playerbase of more than 3-5 people online but concept wise im much pondering upon this one….

/Tarashon

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Actually got another idea.

If its possible we activate the "on dying" script and do the following..

Reborns have a 15% chance on death to actually instead of dying recieve a full heal and some visual with text over head "your inner divinity defies death itself"

Chosens have a 20% chance of some more spectacular visual effect doing the same AND casting an instant massheal on their own CHARACTERlevel centered on themselves with the text " You inner divinity defies death and summons the essence of life.

( it should be noted that Chosens still also counts as Reborns and thus have a chance of both effects )

Comments ?

/Tarashon

bosephus

Post by bosephus » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:13 pm

I like it!

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:50 pm

The "divine saves" are now ingame !

Reborn = on dying 8% chance on full heal
Reborn = On death 8% chance on full heal

Chosen = on dying 12% chance on Mass heal
Chosen = on Death 12% chance on Mass heal

Enjoy !

/Tarashon

bosephus

Post by bosephus » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:20 am

Fortunately I haven't died yet. I really, really, really don't like the idea of a chosen cleric to be unable to turn undead. You forgo the big STR benefits, and DEX is useless, and you can't cast arcane spells. It would be nice to see this class be a powerhouse against the undead...

Are the spells different for chosens (longer duration, etc?)? Just curious.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:10 am

Hi Bose :)

First of I'm not sure if its some sort of language misunderstanding me not being native English speaking and all but i have absolutely no idea where you get the idea of no turning undead ???

( in fact what have been happening lately is that several undead have been MADE turnable i.e. reduced their bonus against turn undead )

For now the chosen gets an additional +20% spell healing/damage and as those are multipliers working with the reborn ones they sit at a +44% . More changes might come in the future but right now we simply also needs some playtesting to see how it all works out :)

/Tara

bosephus

Post by bosephus » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:32 am

My misunderstanding. I thought we had (at some point in the past) made it harder to turn undead. I know that I have never been able to obliterate anything with it, once in a while some undead will get fear and run away.

bosephus

Post by bosephus » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:33 am

P.S. It is really hard to get xp as a chosen!