First return visit!

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Twilighteyes

First return visit!

Post by Twilighteyes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:19 am

Haven’t played here since the last version (2016’ish), finally got back in last night and WOW!

The first noticeable change was ratmen using stealth and the mystics just unleashing all KINDS of yuck!

Nifty little furniture for my future house found in treasure chests was nice.

High forest goblin shamen were a surprise but the new Smirkag lands were just shocking!

Honestly cannot wait to explore around some more and see what beautiful terrors await.
Twilighteyes name "borrowed" from a book titled the same, NOT a reference to "sparkly" vampires.

tarashon

Re: First return visit!

Post by tarashon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Thanks alot twillight and there are lots of changes and updates including brand New areas. Also with the aid and Hard work of Horla we are getting close to having quest journals done 👍

See you in the inner realms and a warm Welcome back 😁

/Tarashon

Twilighteyes

Post by Twilighteyes » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:46 am

The first 22 levels!

The subtle (and not so subtle) changes are just awesome!

Being a longtime player here it’s nice to have areas like ancient city and fogmoor remain as they have been (for the most part) since I first started playing. Other areas like smirkag lands having a complete overhaul adds excitement. New and improved orc gate creatures really caught me off guard!

Some of the new features I am really loving. Dynamic housing, once I figured out how to place things it just opened up HOURS of options! Orb of endless summons, the perfect way to help out non-caster classes with some backup. UNLOCKED ancient chests, no longer burning cross class skill points for those potions!

Socket system, this one I was on the fence about. We already have the forge, access to Xymorian/darkmoor/tolmar weapons so I wasn’t really giving it a chance. Played with it some and it definitely adds a way to boost missing defense and offense until you get the gold/level to access the higher end gear.

Spell changes have always been something I’ve looked forward to here. The healing system re-vamp is great, I love seeing “critical heals” when things are looking grim! The scaling summon creature is much better than the dire creatures and elementals of the vanilla system.

Still have not tried out the traps yet as I’m a penny pincher and can’t make myself shell out the gold BUT I’m
going to give them a shot soon!
Twilighteyes name "borrowed" from a book titled the same, NOT a reference to "sparkly" vampires.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:08 am

Hi :)

Well its great getting feedback like this for sure. Makes it worth making all the changes and spending time trying to figure out how one can improve upon the module !

And yes super areas like Ancient city and deeper ancient city are layout wise precisely the same whereas the lightning, and tons of new placeables adds a brand new feeling to the familiar places :)

I've been playtesting the Orb of Endless Summons myself and came to the exact same conclusion. Its has been a quite little change with a rather great impact on the power and "Quality of Life" for low and mid-level None casters. And even if they want more XP and no summons its still great for boosting your weapon and then unsummon the creature… :)

I hope you will find more good changes and experiences in the higher levels as well !

/Tarashon