( FIXED ) Talkash Beetles and Water Spirits

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Balkoth

( FIXED ) Talkash Beetles and Water Spirits

Post by Balkoth » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:20 am

There just aren't enough of them, the areas they are in are so small, and those areas are complete dead ends too (beetles technically aren't but you're not going through the gate if you're at the level for the bounty).

Three separate runs for the beetles has yielded a total of 9 glands.

Water spirits, if done around the level of the spiders (and they can be) often only spawn 1-2 per pack with a total of 6 spawn points. That's like...12 spirits max for 2.4 water tokens per run. Even trying to finish it at level 17 I'm only getting 4 spirits per pack, so that's 24 mobs for 4.8 tokens per run. That means running the place (that has no other reason to go there) a minimum of five times at *high* level or nine times at more intended level, even solo.

At least with stuff like the Low Forest/High Forest goblins you can sweep through the Low Forest -> High Forest, port back, and repeat 2-3 times with the encounters reset by that point. Though I think most people would really prefer something like the beetle cave in the Low Forest turning into a goblin cave and maybe either spawning more goblins off the main path in the High Forest or adding a similar cave.

Talkash Stalkers are also a problem compared to the spiders/ratmen/fogshredders/goblins. Just not enough of them in that one zone with only a few packs.

Balkoth

Re: Talkash Beetles and Water Spirits

Post by Balkoth » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:30 am

Also, not sure if intended but the Talkash Beetleherders drop all their drop on the ground when they die. If you can kill them fast enough you can scoop up a Haste Potion, 4 Cure Critical Wounds potions, and 180 gold.

And you *might* want to reconsider them casting level 12 IGMS when they can spawn three at a time. First three runs I was able to run up to them while they were invisible/buffing and kill them fast enough that they wouldn't really cast. Then on the fourth run there was a pack where three herders spawned, a beetle rolled a 20, hit me, slowed me (to normal speed, I was hasted). Then another beetle rolled a 20, hit me, slowed me (down to actual slow). Then I got hit in the face with multiple IGMSes and died within two rounds from about 200 HP. Each IGMS cast is 84 damage, no save, no resistance.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:33 pm

I see the overall problem with these particular spawnrates and will try to adress them. WIth the current project of "Ruins of Orcgate" saga it might just be a small fix though for now since I'm having a huge worktime on job the next weeks and Thus dont have time for a real rebuild of given areas. Will try to adress it as best I can though...

/tara

Balkoth

Post by Balkoth » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Even just repositioning the encounters and adding more spawn points would massively help, don't need to rebuild the areas.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 pm

That was indeed my intended first course of action. Was busy today but hopefully i can press it in tomorrow evening :)

/tara

tarashon

Re: ( FIXED ) Talkash Beetles and Water Spirits

Post by tarashon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:23 am

Following changes...

Spawnnumbers of waterspirith, talkash beetles and talkash stalkers significantly upped.

Talkash herders now ( supposed to be ) are more fokused on slow/haste, have no greater missiles and 50% chance of dropping hurricane haste potion instead of the normal ones. This and gold drops in inventory now. Also their numbers are 1-2 per encounter where they can come so no chance of 5 of them any more...

/tara

Balkoth

Re: ( FIXED ) Talkash Beetles and Water Spirits

Post by Balkoth » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:02 am

Will check this next time Nyan and I play (will probably be Wed, Thurs, or Fri).