Upping the XP From Higher Level Quests

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Somnium
Site Admin

Re: Upping the XP From Higher Level Quests

Post by Somnium » Fri May 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Balkoth wrote: I actually have concerns about people being able to stack their best spell slot(s) overall, though, and it's something I had hoped to discuss.
It is definitely possible to count the number of existing bonus spell slots echantments of a specific class/level combination, so it should be possible to react to it. What did you have in mind? :)
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

Balkoth

Re: Upping the XP From Higher Level Quests

Post by Balkoth » Sun May 10, 2015 12:53 pm

tarashon wrote:Feel free to explain the problems with the "spellstacking" :)
1, boring. 99% of the time you're going to have a specific spell level that's clearly the best (partly because of meta-magic feats) and thus you just stack nothing but that.

2, throws off the power curve. Instead of feeling you need to conserve your best spells and feeling like you get weaker over time when you do have to burn your best spells...90% of your spells ARE your best spells. The other spell levels basically cease to have relevance beyond basic buffs (and you typically don't need tons of slots for those).
tarashon wrote:As for the forge multible use ive never really thought about "fixed adventure Group" players but i do see the problem there as you explained it...
Indeed. And the concern is not when each person takes 30 seconds to use the forge (fixed group or just random players there at the same time)..it's when each person is taking 5-10 minutes to use the forge because they're figuring stuff out. Even when you know what you want to do it'll still take a few minutes to add 2-3 enchants (especially across multiple items).
Somnium wrote:If I had built the above script from scratch, perhaps.
From the sounds of it you're having to spend days of work to fix the issues...whereas I could have implemented my system in an hour or two (and thus presumably you could have as well). Ultimately it's your time and I haven't seen the actual scripts, but I got the impression things were messed up and/or very convoluted.
Somnium wrote:There were some issues with the copy function supplied by Bioware for cloning objects, the exploitation of which, is not dependent on the procedure you describe above. I'm not 100% sure they were fixed in the last patch. There is also another unrelated exploit, which I'll rather not discuss in detail here.
What does the copy function have to do with this? And yeah, I'm not going into any details either here publicly.
Somnium wrote:I'd personally much prefer the enchanting of magical items to feel more like a special event, rather than a trip to your local convenience store
I would as well which is why I'm not very fond of the forge idea in general.
Somnium wrote:I have been trying to reproduce this, so far without any success. Please provide additional detail about the steps necessary to recreate. The "text appears when" conditionals should be pretty standard fare.
Go up to the NPC in-game. Pick an option that you know has a lot of options and proceed to the next menu. Watch as only one line out of 5-10 appears.

Note that the line *is* actually there -- if you hit the button 3 it'll pick the third option. It just isn't visible in the conversation a lot of the time and I've never seen the glitch before.