I Don't Understand the Epic Spiders

Please post suggestions and questions about Alangara in this forum.
Balkoth

I Don't Understand the Epic Spiders

Post by Balkoth » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:17 am

It's described as "One of the first epic adventures for a small group" on the in-game sign -- presumably meaning that it's designed for 2-3 people of level 21-22ish. I expected it would be a dungeon of sorts, a multi-area trek that was an actual adventure. When I zoned in, I cleared most of the area out in about 10-15 minutes (emphasis on singular). I hit a sign about 80% of the way through that said "Don't go past here unless you're in a 30+ balanced group." I was able to get a sneak peak at a Vindictive Old Spider rated Impossible that presumably was the "gatekeeper" spider mentioned. So where does that leave us?

One area with 61 spiders (I did the math). Now, I was level 26 and thus presumably I got less XP per kill (24 to be exact). So let's assume a level 21-22 got 50% more XP (36!) which seems unlikely from what I've seen but whatever. Now let's assume the group also spawns 50% more spiders (also seems unlikely since presumably I spawn more as a higher level and I was already facing 6+ at a time but we'll roll with it). When we add all that up...we get 3312 XP (rounding up to be generous) for clearing that single area as an absolute best case (and ignoring the fact groups get slightly less XP per player). Since that's the first epic adventure and you don't even get any "reward" besides gold and XP for clearing it, you're not in any way better off or more prepared for the next adventure unless you actually gain a level.

...which means, even with our inflated XP, you need to reclear/farm that area six additional times (seven total) to get from 21 to 22.

And the spiders only drop 150 gold (plus the gold from XP thing) each...which is less than things like the Forest Giants, Cyclops, Mibutzz Ravagers, and many other creatures...despite supposedly being an epic group zone.

I don't understand this at all.

Balkoth

Re: I Don't Understand the Epic Spiders

Post by Balkoth » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:50 am

More stuff I don't understand...

At level 26, the spiders gave 150 gold each along with 24 XP. They have 47 AB.

At the same level, Thunder Elementals give a 20% chance at a vendor item (think it's 1280 gold? So 256 gold average per mob) along with 19 XP. They have 48 AB and 42 AC.

At the same level, Thunder Ravasaurs give 250 gold along with 21 XP. They have 51 AB and 48 AC.

Spiders give the most XP but least gold and theoretically are supposed to be the weakest.