Changelog

News from the server staff
Somnium
Site Admin

Changelog

Post by Somnium » Sun May 22, 2016 7:38 pm

While Tarashon is enjoying his well-deserved break, I am spending a lot of time on doing some much needed "spring cleaning" of the module, in the form of various optimizations, bug-fixes, and enhancement of global "in game systems", in order to increase the stability of the server, and to make it easier to add new content to Alangara in the future.

So that you can see which updates are being made to the module, I have decided to maintain this changelog going forward, where I will list the various changes I am making.

"Real-life" work permitting, my goal is to make updates to the module on at least a weekly basis, as I work through my to-do list. Later on, I have some ideas for new features and quests, which I hope to add as well :)

I have created a feedback-topic, that you can use for providing feedback on posts made in this topic.
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

Somnium
Site Admin

Re: Changelog

Post by Somnium » Sun May 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Changelog: 02.05.2016:

Bug fixes:
  • Unused resources have been cleaned out of the module, in order to fix the "DM client crashes the server" issue. DM client can now be used after a server restart, but it still crashes the server if it has been running for a long time. I will investigate further.

Changelog: 08.05.2016:

Bug fixes:
  • Cleaned out additional unused ressources of the module, in order to fix the "DM client crashes the server" issue. This seems to have solved the DM client crash problem completely
Miscellaneous
  • Changed the download links for the custom 2das, so they are downloaded as a single zip-file (with a version number), and so that the download is hosted at our own server (i.e. no more ads and waiting during the download)

Changelog: 14.05.2016:

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a lot of spelling errors in the module - work is still ongoing

Changelog: 22.05.2016:

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed additional spelling errors, and updated a lot of ingame lore text - work is still ongoing
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

Somnium
Site Admin

Changelog: 23.05.2016

Post by Somnium » Mon May 23, 2016 8:40 pm

Changelog: 23.05.2016:

Bug fixes:
  • A new batch of ingame text have been updated - work is still ongoing
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

Somnium
Site Admin

Changelog: 24.05.2016

Post by Somnium » Tue May 24, 2016 9:02 pm

Changelog: 24.05.2016:

New content:
  • Made some groundwork for an upcoming feature addition - more information about this, will be posted on the forum later on.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a bug that could cause names and descriptions to "jumble around".
  • Fixed and added additional text - work is still ongoing
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

Somnium
Site Admin

Changelog 26.05.2016

Post by Somnium » Thu May 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Changelog: 26.05.2016:

New content:
  • Worked a bit more on upcoming features - I've elaborated on these in a topic in the suggestions forum, so that you can comment on these.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed additional spelling errors, and updated a lot of ingame lore text - work is still ongoing
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)

Somnium
Site Admin

Changelog: 28.05.2016

Post by Somnium » Sun May 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Changelog: 28.05.2016:

New content:
  • Continued the preparations for the first "NPC-driven" guild features (as outlined in my post in the "Suggestions and Q&A" forum). The first guild to implement these new features, will be the "Aidbringers" guild (a good-aligned guild, based in Xymoria). More info will follow in later changelogs, as I implement the features.
  • Added a description of the Aidbringer guild to the "Inner Realms Guilds and Factions" forum
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed additional spelling errors, and updated ingame lore text - work is still ongoing
Somnium (a.k.a. Seeker)