Bosephus musings!

For in-game support requests, and bug reports.
bosephus

Bosephus musings!

Post by bosephus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi everyone, I'm back. If you are an old player of the original server, you may (or may not remember me). In any case, I see a few things that I'd like to point out. I've only been playing for two days and the new EE looks great, especially with the content Tarasan has added. None of these are big problems, just things I've seen.

1. The redfish quest is still token based. Also, I don't believe the quest giver in the harbor tells you how many you need (I could be wrong, I have to read the quest dialogues more carefully).

2. The wizard staff of travel. This is a great idea and I love it (I love any freebies to wizzies). Just a minor suggestion, could you make the script fire from an item/token instead of an equipped weapon. The reason is, most staves for sale have an intelligent bonus. As you are equipping between staves, you lose memorized spells due to your intelligence going up and down.

3. I'm not sure why, but the skinner in the heros rest will not talk to me. I think he used to give the ratmen quest... so I'm trying to find that area, clear it and see if it triggers a convo. Maybe I took the quest and he won't talk to me again until it is finished?

That's all I found for now!

tarashon

Re: Bosephus musings!

Post by tarashon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Howdy Bose :)

Well ( as you allready know by now… ) …

The Redfish are amongst a few quests not yet changed into database. and to answer they need 5 redfish for each turn in.

Jorgen skinner didnt talk to you because he allready had and was waiting for you to return with the flute.

The Staff of Travel is now in effect the "Orb of Teleportation" , and it works like a charm :)

So WB Bose, also here on the forum hehe.

/tara

bosephus

Post by bosephus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Karlana - This NPC closes the first quest without any indication that you have to talk to her for the flute quest (unless neither of us read it completely) It would be and was real easy to miss when we (thehorla) and I were doing the quest earlier.

This leads me to wonder if we could maybe do quest summaries on the actual character description (when examined). So we could have OOC //Karlana has two quests to offer you. One involving a rat pelt and one acquisition of a musical instrument.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:54 am

Well as a minimum ill look the dialog over and see what i can do about it so its not to be overlooked…

/tara

bosephus

Post by bosephus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Some suggestions for farming.

1. It has never made sense to me that the Provisionare wants a boatload of apples and redfish and then just stops wanting them. Is it possible to have quests that work as follows:

-After you do the five initial redfish turn ins, it recurs, but instead you need 25 redfish and get a very large gold reward as well? People may not do them (it would take forever, but it would make continuing to fish viable). (no xp after level 35 maybe)

- Baldur has gone through the trouble to put a provisionare handing out apple tablets in the farm lands. I think these should be tradeable/stackable and past the five fungi plant quests, could we then require 100 apple tablets for an xp chunk and a much increased gold reward. it would give a reason to continue farming the apples. (No xp after lvl 35 maybe)

- New quest reward or rare drop. 1 plant-able, harvestable ibis flower seed. (One per farm)

Just suggestions! If you agree with them, no need to rush.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:10 pm

New more heavy fishing quests i suppose we can do and i can set them up.

Yes i think we can do that with the apple tablets aswell. simply make it a requirement that one has done all 5 applæe quests before the provisionaire and the trader gives the new optino for some LONGTERM heavy-BEEEP famirng quest :)

3, the harvestable ibis plant is alos a nice idea but this one I will "move over" to a new druid quest. I've been wanting to do something drastical with the whole druid area and make them more par tof everything. Especially now where the "earthmother of the moonshae isles" is being reborn in the Inner Realms as Gaia so that would be a natural way to spice up things :)

All in all nice suggestions and we will make them come to live :)

/tara

bosephus

Post by bosephus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Do you have any objection to tradeable stackable apple tablets? If one player wants to sell tablets to another, I don't really see an issue with it but I could be overlooking something??

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Nope - no objections - and i do like to have things boost the need or at least benificiality of player interaction and teamwork...

/tara

bosephus

Post by bosephus » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Bugs

1. Ibis Gaia cannot be turned in.
2. Misma gnoll scalps, if you have the gnoll scalps and the gnoll enforcer scalps misma will ONLY take the enforcer scalps and mark the questline complete.

tarashon

Post by tarashon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:44 pm

As for the last its likely becourse of the row you are supposed to do things in. if you then complete quest 2 before quest 1 you get the problem. I shall restructure the quests so you may chose whatever in dialog and then NPC will check if you can.

As for the ibis gaia i will need to see why it is not working. however this i will also have to do after i return from vacation so basically i can do nothing the next 10 days.

After that however I shall fix it :)

/tara