Player Housing - more options.

News from the server staff
tarashon

Player Housing - more options.

Post by tarashon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Howdy all :)

In the hopes to make Alangara even more interesting I have started to create a new housing area in Castle Balder.

Today I found a system known as "Hunters Housing" that will allow people to buy houses much like the system used in Heroes Rest in terms of the lack of DM interaction. It should be noted that before this can be implemented it has to be approved by Seeker as it could possibly intefere with other stuff and also its important to see about potential lag and what not...

However what it will do is that people will be able to buy a key from a merchant to severel different size houses and then aktivate the given key on severel different door locations to find the spot most to their liking - if its vacant.

Having bought a house they will gain their own EMPTY house. This sytem will then have a furniture vendor where player can buy cheap furnitures to have their way of completely customising their own houses interior and change it dynamically underway.

This system will also ( hopefully ) allow us to add specialty furniture either bought for pervertedly high prices or perhaps random bossmonster drops granting players special options.

Maybe a potion machine able to turn farming engredients into magical potions og perhaps a special blessing shrine that last an intire hour… the imagination once again sets the limits ! :)

More to come….

/tarashon

tarashon

Re: Player Housing - more options.

Post by tarashon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Howdy all :)

Seeker has implemented the housing system into the module.

This does NOT mean its ready for use. What it however does mean is that I can start to build the actual housing, housing areas and furniture vendor. Also it means that once that is done we can start to playtest it INGAME.

I shall start by making one house type for sale and also make all doors in the first housing area useable by this type. The actual layout of the first home is obviously subject to changes but I am personally looking tremendously forward to see this ingame and i hope and find it possible that we can have this up and running at the latest next weekend; 18-20th january.

/tarashon

tarashon

Re: Player Housing - more options.

Post by tarashon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Greetings all.

The housing system is fully up and operational. The price for a large house in the new area in Castle Balder is a mere 25.000 gold.

All furniture and housing items are 3 gp each so once you have it its just a matter of time and creativity :)

All chests in the housing system are permanent database chests but PLEASE refrain from storing stuff that does not absolutely need to be there. Its a great system and it would be a shame to have to limit it due to overuse and following potential lag problems...

The housing area is the South East district just south of the plaza district. And if you dont want a house then maybe the once per server reset "Blessing of the Rising" might be of interest…

Enjoy !

/tarashon